UCLA Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hilhsu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else has accepted UCLA and will be attending this fall??

Members don't see this ad.

I am attending in the fall (Health Policy and Management).

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Out of curiosity, did you have a lot of work experience (especially management-related positions) when you applied?

I graduated from undergrad in 2007 and have four years of experience: two years volunteering abroad and more than two years working at a state health department in an administrative position.

Are you in the UCLA SPH entering class of 2014?

No, I wanted to be. My scores were good, but I don't think I had enough relevant work experience.

I am attending in the fall (Health Policy and Management).

Congrats :)

Where are all the other Bruins?? :confused:

If you guys have any questions about the Westwood area for apartment searching, etc. let me know!

I've lived in the area for the past 5 years. I did my undergrad at UCLA (c/o '11)

Greetings,

Incoming EHS MPH here. Best of luck to all.

Congrats :)

Where are all the other Bruins?? :confused:

If you guys have any questions about the Westwood area for apartment searching, etc. let me know!

I've lived in the area for the past 5 years. I did my undergrad at UCLA (c/o '11)

Do you know what the demand is like for graduate housing? I signed up and will find out if they can fit me in sometime in July. I hope it works out - I'm traveling abroad in July and most of August, so getting into housing would be a relief. I'm hoping to move to LA in early September to settle in before classes.

Is it possible to find a studio or one bedroom apartment for $800-$1300 in Santa Monica, Brentwood, or anywhere around campus?

Do you know what the demand is like for graduate housing? I signed up and will find out if they can fit me in sometime in July. I hope it works out - I'm traveling abroad in July and most of August, so getting into housing would be a relief. I'm hoping to move to LA in early September to settle in before classes.

Is it possible to find a studio or one bedroom apartment for $800-$1300 in Santa Monica, Brentwood, or anywhere around campus?

Studio/1B in SM and Brentwood will go usually for at least $1,000/mo with no utilities included. Bachelor apartments can be found for $800-1000 (no kitchen).

South of campus (Palms, Culver City, Mar Vista) you can find plenty of studios/1B within your price range as well with usually more amenities. Longer commute though.

Very possible - I recommend looking South of Wilshire - I just sent quite a bit of info to another member if you'd like me to post here regarding 1 bdrms in WW.

If you're looking to save money, check out further areas like Palms and Culver City (3-6mi away from campus) as RAMPA suggested. For instance, I currently live adjacent to Culver City and have a 3bd/2bath apt for $1840. Something similar in WW would run $3000+.

btw forgot to ask, how long ago did you sign up for housing? you can PM if you prefer