UCLA Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C U in MD school

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I check the status of my application online. It said the final letter has been mailed last month. Since I haven't gotten a secondary/interview, I figure it's a rejection. But I still haven't received the letter. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately, you are correct to think that it was a rejection letter. Give them a call and tell them that you never received it. Sucks.

Means rejection :(

Sorry dogg...

We all got the letter mailed out on January 25th I believe and it was like a mass rejection for those who filled out secondaries.

Seems they are doing it again for people who never got the secondary now...

Members don't see this ad :)
a

Last edited:
my rejection letter should be arriving tomorrow. my status pages lists it as being sent yesterday. it must be my alumni status as well as being a university employee that allowed me to reach the middle of march before being rejected.

Luke, I believe they are still interviewing until april so you may be in luck.

Luke,

same here -- secondary sent in months ago, file complete months ago, still no word of any kind. Hopefully that means we'll get interviews eventually.

Does anybody know who the Dean of Admissions is at UCLA? I am trying to find out who their admissions people are, but the website does not give any information.

I haven't heard anything since the secondary. 2 weeks ago they said my file hadn't gone out for an interview decision. Today, they said it is finally being reviewed and that I should hear something in the next 2 weeks. My file has been complete since November. They are still interviewing so no news is good news.
There has been at least 2 mass rejection letter mailings since January. As long as you haven't got the "final decision letter sent" date on the status board, you're still in the running to be interviewed.

If UCLA offers you an interview, how does your status page on their website change? I called, and they said that my file was finally being reviewd today, and that I would receive word in the mail about their decision. If I am offered an interview, will I get a phone call or an e-mail, or will I have to wait until the snail mail delivers it?

Yo bro, I interviewed a while back but I remembered I checked the status page, and the status says "interview requested" or some crap, and then i got snail mail a few days later. I also remember sending in my secondary in october or november and hearing in mid january, scheduling the interview in mid february. good luck guys.