UCLA dental students: what was your schedule like the first quarter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FROGGBUSTER

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In particular, can you guys please list the days of the week you were in school and what time you entered and what time you got out of school?

I'm trying to roughly figure out if I have enough time to do some stuff during weekdays in the free time.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You will have about 19 hours outside of class for free time. That's a lot of free time. Do your homework and look up on the school website under the "Students" tab and then to the "DDS Class Schedules" and look up Year 1 schedule for any date in Fall 2011. you will get the full schedule.

As you probably know, the amount of class does not determine anything about how much free time you actually have. You will need lots of time for studying, especially for Gross Anatomy during the first quarter. How many hours it takes you to master the material is dependent on your study habits and efficiency; things that you cannot assess until you start.

I don't remember having any free time during first year, especially the first quarter! What sort of thing do you want to know if you have time to do? I remember feeling like I didn't have time to take a shower, but I guess it does depend on how much/when you study; I liked to keep up on the material so I wouldn't have to cram at finals time. Definitely look at the website like KillaCam said if you want the exact schedule.