UCLA financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milhouse Van Houten

Reaction score
has anyone received their finaid info from UCLA? i checked ursa and it gave me a breakdown of my "need" and estimated family contribution. it said the total cost for the first year is 35000K, which seems really high for a public school. any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to someone in the financial aid office yesterday and she said that aid offers will be going out this week and next, depending on when you turned in your stuff.

Re: the high cost - I noticed that UCLA projects a pretty high budget for books and supplies (2K more than Davis, for example) - and for transportation. Perhaps this has something to do with the computer requirement and the inevitable driving/parking issues of living in LA?

Still a good deal, in my opinion!

Hey guys,
Where do we get the personalized bar-code label mentioned on the fin aid website. We're supposed to adhere it to copies of our documents and turn them into the office. Are they sending them to us? Has anyone already received them? Sorry, I'm just freaking out now that I have to fill out all of these forms so soon to school starting. Thanks!!