UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,
I was wondering how difficult it is to get into UCLA as an out of state resident. I actually am already going to medical school next year but I was curious about the competition. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

interviewed 3/28. letter sent 5/11. i'm expecting bad news... former ucla student and i have no new icon on my ursa. =T anyone else get a status change?

interviewed 3/28. letter sent 5/11. i'm expecting bad news... former ucla student and i have no new icon on my ursa. =T anyone else get a status change?

What is this "icon" that you are talking about?

Members don't see this ad :)
so has everyone who interviewed had a status change now?

Any thoughts on when the unranked waitlist might start moving??

still no status change (interviewed 3/23)

edit: i called to ask what is up, she looked me up in the computer (or at least I heard typing) and said i was still under review, iand that would probably be a couple weeks more (i assume they arent making decisions right now, they are likely waiting till the dust settles from the may 15th deadline)

i guess seeing as though the last two batches were not filled with great news, I am taking this a not-so-terrible news, despite the fact that I have lost hope (more or less) when it comes to this great school :)

with a $5K scholarship! I haven't gotten in anywhere so really happy.. good luck to all those waiting. :luck:

Wow, congrats Orange!!! I hope you never lost hope during this very painful process.

I interviewed late October, and I FINALLY got a response on May 11th as well.

ACCEPTED with $5K scholarship!!!

The funny thing is that after contacting the director of admissions, I was told I was on the unranked waitlist. Anyway good luck to all those still waiting!

I take it the acceptances haven't been rolling in as of late:thumbdown:

i had a late march interview and am getting really anxious. they say that i should hear by the end of the month, but at this point, it seems almost hopeless.

i know that hcbr just got accepted, and i'm hoping there's still some space...

:confused:

still no status change (interviewed 3/23)

edit: i called to ask what is up, she looked me up in the computer (or at least I heard typing) and said i was still under review, iand that would probably be a couple weeks more (i assume they arent making decisions right now, they are likely waiting till the dust settles from the may 15th deadline)

i guess seeing as though the last two batches were not filled with great news, I am taking this a not-so-terrible news, despite the fact that I have lost hope (more or less) when it comes to this great school :)