UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes. are there multiple waitlists? and which one is probably better to be in?

There are two waitlists...one is the unranked waitlist and the other is the hold wait list. The unranked is the better one to be in.....I know because I just called and talked to both the admissions office and my post-bac advisor at UCLA

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too am on the unranked waitlist. But for some reason the lady at the office told me that there is only an unranked waitlist and no ranked waitlist. I am not sure who is correct.

There are two waitlists...one is the unranked waitlist and the other is the hold wait list. The unranked is the better one to be in.....I know because I just called and talked to both the admissions office and my post-bac advisor at UCLA

Thanks for the info, Steve! and GOOD LUCK!!! :luck:

I too am on the unranked waitlist. But for some reason the lady at the office told me that there is only an unranked waitlist and no ranked waitlist. I am not sure who is correct.

that you didnt speak to the same person as Steve203. Or maybe they are reading this thread and just f-in with us, enjoying the view as we twist in the wind.

Anyone on the hold list is not considered until everyone off the unranked wait list has been either accepted or declined their spot....so for the most part it is a rejection

(I should know....I was on the hold list last year....tear)

Ok so who wants to go back and count the number of people who got off the unranked waitlist last year? That should occupy us

I'm having a horrible time searching, and I'm sure some of you guys have them bookmarked. Can anyone link me to the threads for last year and maybe two years ago?

Looks like its at least 2+ months for us current and soon to be waitlisters. Fantastic

Members don't see this ad :)
So did we ever find out whether acceptance letters' signatures are handwritten? How about those of you who just found out you were waitlisted - was the signature handwritten?

So maybe (or hopefully) the admissions lady was telling the truth when she said the dean still had to sign the letters and so the 3/22 status change people will be acceptances!

On a side note, has anyone heard of "The Secret"? If so, let's all visualize the UCLA acceptance letters in our mailboxes this weekend! GL! :luck: :luck: :luck:

In past years, up to 50% of the class is drawn from the waitlist.

am i the only one without a status page change?

am i the only one without a status page change?

I believe hcbr interviewed early and hasn't had a status page - there are also others who interviewed in Mar, etc who haven't had status changes, but that more makes sense... Hope that helps & GL!!! :luck:

Last edited:
So maybe (or hopefully) the admissions lady was telling the truth when she said the dean still had to sign the letters and so the 3/22 status change people will be acceptances!

On a side note, has anyone heard of "The Secret"? If so, let's all visualize the UCLA acceptance letters in our mailboxes this weekend! GL! :luck: :luck: :luck:

haha "The Secret" just think it and it will happen! its that easy! WRONG, i tried that with ucsf and got highprioritied, yes thats one word. heres to 3/21 AND 3/22 Acceptances!:luck: :luck:

Last edited:
Man hold at Irvine yet interview at UCSF and UCLA. Make sense of that..... What did you do to Irvine:laugh:

haha I have no idea. in fact what is even more funny is that my neighbor(back at home) is on the admissions committee at UCI and I had him read my personal statement and application; and he told me that his committee at UCI probably wouldn't interview me if I submitted the one he was reading. This was after AMCAS was already in. Well, he was right about UCI. Lets hope we both get in to UCLA and go there! and then I can say take that UCI!

I just watched The Secret last weekend! How funny! haha... ok, visualize, visualize, visualize! :laugh:

does anyone know how we're supposed to let them know that we accepted the waitlist spot and additional credentials? By snail mail??

I had a bad feeling about this the moment i saw the comment about the dean not having signed letters yet =(

I guess I was wrong. I'll shut my mouth till the good news comes:oops:

:( I'm sad now. Waitlists are worse than rejections! They keep you in this painful, longing limbo for months, instead of just giving you immediate closure. Oy, not looking forward to my letter.

so this is my first "real" post i guess. but I've been totally following this thread and the others for UCLA. I have no status change...so i'm hoping thats not a rejection? anyone else out there w/ no status change????

(btw sorry to everyone who's been waitlisted...that sucks I have 3 of those right now)

So todays news seems to be all from SoCal and all unranked waitlists? Did anyone receive anything else?

Here's hoping that the 3/21'ers receive some acceptances!!!

And here's crossing my fingers for what's in store for the 3/22'ers!

We've got to get SOME good news this time around, right!??! ;)

:: dreaming of my dear, sweet lil' ole' ucla.... ::

I've never written a LOI before...any advice? Or where I can go to for help? Thanks!

so this is my first "real" post i guess. but I've been totally following this thread and the others for UCLA. I have no status change...so i'm hoping thats not a rejection? anyone else out there w/ no status change????

(btw sorry to everyone who's been waitlisted...that sucks I have 3 of those right now)

i have no status change either and i interviewed in late Feb. when did you interview??

I interviewed first week of Jan, no status change yet. What does that mean? :confused:

i wish i knew. i'm still waiting on 6 schools. totally nuts.

I interviewed early December and nada! At this point...there's no way we can guess what's in store. Just gotta wait some more. Like all of you, i really want this process to be OVER so that we can all move on. Either way...we're gonna be doctors!!!

I interviewed early December and nada! At this point...there's no way we can guess what's in store. Just gotta wait some more. Like all of you, i really want this process to be OVER so that we can all move on. Either way...we're gonna be doctors!!!

okay, well at least we're not alone. it felt like everyone on here got a status change in the last few days.

Checked on a whime when I saw you guys had gotten status changes and I got one as well, 3/22... east coast, so god help me with the wait.
I interviewed early Feb.

aaaaaaaaaaahhh!

I know there are more So Cal people out there with 3/21 status changes. Please tell me one of you got an acceptance letter today.

I live in LA and received the status update 03/21, but I haven't received a letter yet. :(

Last edited:
I live in socal and got status change on 3/21, got letter today, unranked waitlist :(

Good. Maybe it was held back for some reason. Send the 3/21 acceptances a little later. :D I can hope cant I?

Haha, I keep trying to convince myself of that as well. Though it's probably more likely that my letter somehow ended up in a neighbor's mailbox...

sorry narc and others 21ers...

3/21 unranked blah blah

...best of luck to others still out there