UCLA interview

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by jhsu, Nov 20, 2002.

1. jhsu

jhsu Junior Member

Any one heard from UCLA yet?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Fiat Lux

Fiat Lux Junior Member

Hey there,

It seems that UCLA is starting to get a handle on the number of applications they've received - currently over 2000. My sources say that either tomorrow (Fri. 11/22) or by first week of December, the invitations are going to be sent out. They've already told their own to put aside 1/15/03 for their own interviews.

peace,

4. pc1000

pc1000 Junior Member

ucla actually sent out an email yesterday saying they would send everyone by US Mail notification as to their status...to be sent tomorrow. Don't know why they are doing that--seems to me like email would be more efficient.

5. pc1000

pc1000 Junior Member

Rumor has it that you can tell whether you got an invite from UCLA if you are in the distribution file [email protected] If pnet617 then it's rejection

Can anyone confirm this...it sounds kinda fishy to me...but all my rejections have indeed come from pnet617 and invites from pnet616. I don't know.

6. Rigomortis

Rigomortis Member

I have a number of acceptances that are pnet617, so it at least doesn't go for all programs....

7. Surfer75

Surfer75 Senior Member

Not sure if it's true.. but all of my CA interviews came from pnet616 with the exception of UCSD... my UCLA-WLA came from pnet616 as well.

8. jhsu

jhsu Junior Member

I am not sure about the 616 or 617 stuff, as far as I know, I was told that it is not till today would they know and send out the result. BTW, was there anyone on 617 distribution? I was also on the 616 and don't know if there is any 617s?