UCLA is so secretive @ their address!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Nefertari, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

Haven't realized til now that UCLA's physical street address cannot be found on their website or on any of their correspondence (they all have PO box address). Weird! Anyone in the LA area can help? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Can't give you their address but can tell you where they are...not sure if it helps...

They're in the medical school building. As soon as you enter the double doors (main entrance) make a right, and they're the first or second office on the left.

4. pocwana

pocwana MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    the return address on one of the David Geffen Envelopes:

12-105 Center for the Health Sciences
    Los Angeles, California 90095-7035

5. SouthernGirl

SouthernGirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I guess that they don't want to be accosted by angry mobs of applicants.....:p

6. gower

gower 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

As with many universities, colleges, and large enterprises, mail is not directly delivered to departments or individuals, but sent to a centralized university or college mail room. There it is sorted and delivered to individual large entities, such as Admissions, departments, Administrative offices, who in turn sort the mail and send it on to individuals. Even if you put a street address on a letter, it will still end up in the mail room first.

Not something to be upset about. It is not a conspiracy against you nor anyone else. In fact, a conspiracy theory is counterproductive. It blocks you from an understanding of the large enterprise Admissions is. A great deal of paperwork is generated, administrative costs rise, valuable faculty time and effort diverted to interviewing and decision making. Would you prefer a system where they simply ranked applicants by GPA and MCAT score, and offered admission only to those at the top of the list? That would reduce costs and turnaround time greatly for applicants and medical schools.

7. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

Thanks, everybody! Actually, i just needed their physical address to get directions from yahoo & your info will help. They didn't give me much notice for my interview (called me fri for an interview next thurs), so i'm trying to make arrangements in a few days from the bay area. They're supposed to send me the snail mail packet w/ all the details, but i probably won't get that til the day before i leave. I still don't know if I'll be able to stay w/ a student host since it's nearing finals now (have to wait for that info packet).

gower, I don't think it's a conspiracy. Just thought it was strange that they don't have directions or a map on their website, like many other schools do.