UCLA Life Science Series Out of Order

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brunella

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to take Life Science 4 before Life Science 3? Due to schedule conflictions, I am unable to enroll in Life Science 3. Has anyone taken the LS series (excluding LS1) out of order before? I'm thinking about taking summer school in order to catch up. I've tried to enrolled in the equivalent of LS4 at another university and didn't have a problem at all. However, I'm afraid that UCLA will not accept the tranferred units since I haven't taken LS3 yet. Thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

you cannot take LS4 before LS3, if you look at the LS4 courses on the registrar's office and click on course info, you will see that LS3 is an enforced req

I'm pretty sure that besides the exception with LS1, you have to take the rest in order.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was taking the LS series in undergrad at ucla (circa 2000-2002) you could take LS1 and LS2 in any order but you had to take LS3 before LS4. Kinda pointless, really, I don't think they overlapped much at all. Most of these weeder courses were pretty pointless to begin with, anyway. =P

Thank you for the replies. I'm thinking about taking summer school in order to catch up. I've tried to enrolled in the equivalent of LS4 at another university and didn't have a problem at all. However, I'm afraid that UCLA will not accept the tranferred units since I haven't taken LS3 yet. I guess I'll just have to wait on the life science courses then:(

you could ask for a PTE number from a professor. you don't really need LS3 for LS4. I mean, it would help if you had it, but you can get an A without LS3 knowledge