ucla LOR "committe packet" or "individual"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr45sdn

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just a question to any bruins using the forum, as i am starting to send out secondaries. i know we dont have a premedical advisory committee or anything, but our letters are sent as a packet. on the applications that diffrentiate between "committe letters" or "individual letters" which one applies to the ucla career center letter service? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't go to UCLA but my school has the same system as yours (no pre-med committee, but sends out as a packet). I marked it as pre-med committee because I think otherwise they might expect the arrival of letters individually. In any case, it hasn't been a problem yet, I'm complete at OSU, MCW, WashU and cornell, all of which I marked as "committee packet"

Members don't see this ad :)
My school sent a packet of letters (no committee). It's not a problem.

I'm a Bruin, too. I was just going to post about this

I have 4 letters, if I always send them as a packet to AAMC and individual school, can it ever hurt me? (Northwestern asks for 3 letters max. If I send 4 as a packet, is that still within the limit?)
Thanks

You put packet because the letters will literally come in a packet. Unless you send each letter individually and pay a ridiculous amount of money, you send the letters in one package: a letter packet.

It depends on the school. Some say put individual letters, others say put committee letter, and others say put letter packet. Just contact the schools individually...