UCLA Ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueToothHunter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to dental school with Kent. I'm not sure how much he's changed, but back then he barely passed his classes, cheated on exams, and treated his patients with disrespect (you won't believe the number of complaints filed against him by his patients).

When I read the article describing his resignation, I found it hard to believe. I'm sure there's more to the story. :laugh:

I went to dental school with Kent. I'm not sure how much he's changed, but back then he barely passed his classes, cheated on exams, and treated his patients with disrespect (you won't believe the number of complaints filed against him by his patients).

When I read the article describing his resignation, I found it hard to believe. I'm sure there's more to the story. :laugh:

Was the sole purpose of creating your account to insult on this guy? :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)

I find it hard to believe that you went to dental school with him. Do you even know how old this guy is?

I know Kent Ochiai very well. We were classmates at USC. I'm in my late 40s, so he should be around the same.
Ochiai loves to brag and loves the attention he's getting, and lately all of it is really annoying and undeserving.
It's funny that lots of people on this forum pay him sympathy, but most of you have never met him and don't know who he is. How he got into UCLA ortho simply amazes me. And frankly it's proof enough for me that UCLA sells spots.
I laughed when I read that article. You know how some people try to save their dignity by giving their bosses the finger and quit when they anticipate a firing? That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think there was a backlash against him. No director or chair is dumb enough to create more problems.

When programs stray from merit-based acceptance they get these kinds of problems. Most schools give a spot or two a year to those with political and other ties, but it appears UCLA has taken things to a unique level.