Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UCLA post interview - April D day?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chef, Mar 27, 2002.

1. chef

chef Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I called the adcom at UCLA today and asked what's up. Basically all he said was that the app was reviewed by the admissions committee recently. (file was reviewed ~3/16/02)I asked him if he can tell me the decision but he said he doesn't know. He then says that I'll get a letter in "April" - when I asked early or late April he didn't know.

What do you guys think? Would he have told me over the phone if I had gotten in? Some posters here have said that if you are accepted you will get a letter within 2 weeks. Have people received acceptance/rejection letters recently?

Thanks for any input

2. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Chef-

I don't think they've sent any post-interview rejections yet. Someone on one of the millions of UCLA posts said that if you don't hear for a long time, expect to be waitlisted or rejected. Acceptances seem to come as they are made. Maybe they keep looking at applications that they don't immediately accept throughout the process until all acceptances are made and then waitlist or reject. I interviewed in Dec and have heard nothing--expecting rejection or waitlist.

HOWEVER I don't know anything for sure. Someone also said that once you're accepted it takes two weeks for them to send out the paperwork (in your case that could mean good news in April). And others have said that the committees meet randomly, so the timing is impossible to predict. I doubt the guy on the phone would tell you their decision even if he knew, they don't really do that anywhere. If it makes you feel any better, there are a lot of us waiting to hear from UCLA. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

chef,

when did you interview?

4. 007flint

007flint Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed on March 18. My interviewer was pretty cool and told me what comes after the interview. First he meets with a committee and gives his input. Then my file goes to another committee that makes the final decision. He said some students could receive a decision in a quickly as two weeks, but if your interview happens to be just after a committee meeting you may have to wait as much as 4-6 weeks for the next round of committees to meet. He said I should hear something in mid April.

5. barb

barb Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wouldn't worry just yet. If you talked to the same guy in the admissions office that I always get when I call, although he's really nice, he doesn't really have a lot of info accessible to him. I asked him a general question: does UCLA reject people post-interview or put most of those not accepted on the waitlist and he had no idea. If you have been accepted, etc. he probably does not have that information.
    Be patient. I interviewed mid-Feb and my app is just now with the committee, with no final decision made yet. There are a ton of people on SDN who have interviewed at UCLA and are still waiting for the news. Good luck to us all! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...