Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

UCLA Secondary and Aug MCAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SunnyBunny7, Nov 14, 2002.

1. SunnyBunny7

SunnyBunny7 the newest St. Lunatic
    7+ Year Member

Hi people, have any of you who took the Aug MCAT received UCLA secondaries? My AMCAS app was complete way back in August. I also took the MCAT last April, but when the secondary didn't come for awhile I figured they were waiting for my Aug scores. But Davis was also waiting for my scores and I got their secondary a month ago. So maybe UCLA is just slower because they have more apps to go through? Or is something wrong? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i took the august mcat and am still waiting to hear from ucla. i've heard from all the other uc's. i know an august mcater who got a ucla secondary, so i don't know what the deal is. either they're slow or we're gonna be rejected. i just got uc davis yesterday, so it is still possible we could get one i guess.

4. johnstoner

johnstoner Ben Franklin on Hashish
    7+ Year Member

hey Sunny.

i was worried too...but i recieved my secondary last week. I'm filling out my UC application as well as secondary since i'm only applying to UCLA.

I recieved a thin letter thinking it was rejection since its been so long...and since i recieved a pre secondary rejection from stanford.

anyway, my app is due december 20th so i think there is still hope for people who didn't get stuff from them yet...now about that one essay i'm having trouble with...

good luck :p

5. palm tree

palm tree Member
    10+ Year Member

I also took the Aug MCAT, but had another score from a year ago. I received UCLA's secondary in early Sept, before the MCAT scores came out. From what I understand, UCLA can be quite slow, so hopefully you'll receive the sec soon!

palm

6. Soosh

Soosh New Member

I took the MCAT for the first time in August and rec'd an invite to fill out the UCLA secondary in a letter dated Oct. 17th. My AMCAS app was verified in early October, so it looks like they sent out my notification shortly after receiving scores.

Good luck!

7. palm tree...
    what made you decide to retake the mcat? do you mind me asking what your scores are? i'm trying to decide if i should retake it...thanks =D

8. palm tree

palm tree Member
    10+ Year Member

misscalipig:

I retook the MCAT b/c of a lousy 9 on verbal. I thought I could raise that score, but alas, I did not succeed. Overall, I went from 33N to 34Q, so I guess it wasn't too bad. I myself is from Cal, and knowing how tough UC's are to get in, I wanted a higher score to be more competitive. Hope this helps!

palm

9. it does help...did you go down in verbal or stay the same? did you study more? you see, i got an 8 in verbal so i'm retaking but i'm soooo scared it will go lower...i absolutely SUCK at verbal. =D

well, 34Q is a great score, i think you will get in. =D which school do you go to?