QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
Its nice that the responses are optional. Finally a school that doesn't force you to describe a non-existent hardship, but asks for one if its relevant! What a novel idea! It just seems more progressive than the other secondaries I'm working on which seem rigid.

powerbooki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
I know they screen. I'd like to ask you when your primary was sent to them and are you a CA resident?

OP
QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
About the Ads

Senor Fish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2005
California
Status
Medical Student
Dang! Me too. Are there other schools where we are supposed to be checking status? I thought we would receive email invites.

Thanks for the heads up.

Fish

OP
QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
Senor Fish said:
Dang! Me too. Are there other schools where we are supposed to be checking status? I thought we would receive email invites.

Thanks for the heads up.

Fish
I bet they probably will send out email secondary invites soon.

OP
QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
submitted!!!!!!!!!!!!

UCLA, please be kind to this kid dreaming of Cali. :cool:

KrispyKreme

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status
did they put something in your application status window with a link or something?

iceman77_7

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I've been verified for over a week but when I go to the UCLA status page and type in my info, they say that they don't have my record there. Am I the only one like this?

Trisana

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
iceman77_7 said:
I've been verified for over a week but when I go to the UCLA status page and type in my info, they say that they don't have my record there. Am I the only one like this?
check to make sure you're signing in for 2007 and not 2006. Other than that it might just take awhile for you to get into their system. I wouldn't worry yet. Good Luck!

uclaguy32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2005
Status
For those who want to be a bruin, please be patient. I submitted my primary last year around the end of June, my application was complete by the beginning of September, didn't interview until mid-April and was accepted a month later. UCLA definetly takes their time, so don't lose hope. Good luck guys.

OP
QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
uclaguy32 said:
For those who want to be a bruin, please be patient. I submitted my primary last year around the end of June, my application was complete by the beginning of September, didn't interview until mid-April and was accepted a month later. UCLA definetly takes their time, so don't lose hope. Good luck guys.
thanks for the info, Even though I'm complete, I wouldnt mind having to wait till winter or so to goto Cali to interview (if I get an invite :eek: ). :D

tennisguy896

10+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status
uclaguy32 said:
Yeah, they don't even start reviewing applications until September. It's going to be a longgg road.

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Interviews start in October, but the school takes its sweet time making any final decisions.

P.S. Feel free to send any questions about UCLA my way.

powerbooki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
quantemmechanic, thanks for the post. Without it, I will probably miss the whole thing and receive an application withdraw note in Sept. Thanks.

OP
QuantumMechanic

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2005
Hilbert Space
Status
Medical Student
powerbooki said:
quantemmechanic, thanks for the post. Without it, I will probably miss the whole thing and receive an application withdraw note in Sept. Thanks.
no problem, see you in Westwood for that interview????

KrispyKreme

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status
anyone get the 2ry link today? i really want an excuse to go to cali for an interview. then again, i guess i'd be on the beach and not looking at primaries if i were the adcom at UCLA too.

About the Ads