UCLA status page - what does this mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tBw

totally deluded
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My app is complete. It is not showing anything under interview. Instead it has a date next to "Letter sent"

Does that mean a rejection? Anyone who applied to UCLA know? Prob a rejection :(

Members don't see this ad.

I checked my status page, and I had the same thing.

Does anyone know?

i was at UCLA today for an interview and saw a HUGE stack of letters waiting to be sent out... i don't know what was in them... i suspect rejections, interview invitations, or acceptances...

Members don't see this ad :)
if it were an interview i'm kind of assuming it would say "requested" or something under interview :( so i'm not terribly optimistic

when I applied last year, I just got a date next to Final Decision letter. = rejection. This year, when I got an interview, I got a date next to Interview. I'm afraid this might mean bad news :(

yeah - i just did a search - and sure enough when people got interviews it put "requested" and a date next to interview; when it was a rejection it was just next to "letter sent" - so yup, I'm rejected.

:( oh well. just have to hope one of my other schools come through!

got the same thing. :mad: man, cali schools sux. i'm a cali resident, got 4 interviews from ny schools and 1 acceptance from a ny school so far, and not a single once of love from cali. +pissed+

yup i got the same thing. for those of you counting at home, here are my wonderful results at the university of california:

UCSF - pre-int rejection
Davis - pre-int rejection
UCLA - pre-int rejection
UCSD - pre-int hold
UCI - post-int hold

LOL!

Screw UCLA! I didn't wanna go there anyway!!! ;)

what happened ucsb-premed? did ucla reject you?

Oh crap,

I was just about to post a thread on this exact question, but it looks like letter sent means rejection...darn.. I completely don't understand this...I get interviews at places like wash u and michigan, but not even a single UC will consider me ...guess out of state sucks. Good luck to everyone on the rest of their schools

Standoc

their website seems to be down or something. Its getting on my nerves.

Has anybody have a letter sent checked off POST-interview?

I was trying to see if the last box has been checked off, and am also annoyed by the website being down. As of yesterday, no letter had been sent post-interview. Darn it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by uclamendoza
what happened ucsb-premed? did ucla reject you?

Well, as we've been discussing in this thread, a "Final Decision Letter Sent" probably means a rejection.

So, I'm assuming I have been rejected. Its not one of my top choices anyway. I wanna stay up North if at all possible. :D

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
Screw UCLA! I didn't wanna go there anyway!!! ;)
Hey if Drew/UCLA takes you, can I have your spot.

Originally posted by Deuce 007 MD
Hey if Drew/UCLA takes you, can I have your spot.

how's the gf issue coming along? u get into any ca schools yet to be near hear?

bulldog, your avatar is making me hungry!

Hey Deuce, if I get into UCSF or UC Davis, Drew is all yours. :D

hey ucsb, does this mean that you already got admitted to Drew? sorry about the ucla rejection...but I'm afraid everyone is right, I also got the same thing last year.....

No, I haven't heard from Drew (and its been 3 months).

Originally posted by UCSBPre-Med1
No, I haven't heard from Drew (and its been 3 months).

3 months post interview? I've been waiting for about 2 months pre-interview/post-secondary...I wonder what's up....UCLA/DREW is one of my top choices!

Yeah, its post-interview.

Drew is notoriously slow.

the status page is up again. nothing under letter sent (post interview) for me.

Originally posted by dr. deez
the status page is up again. nothing under letter sent (post interview) for me.

same here...

hi guys,
i just checked my ucla status page, and there's a date (1/28/03)next to the "final decision letter" box (post-interview and transcript already received).
hope we all get some good news sometime next week!!

Originally posted by whozshoe
hi guys,
i just checked my ucla status page, and there's a date (1/28/03)next to the "final decision letter" box (post-interview and transcript already received).
hope we all get some good news sometime next week!!

when did you interview whozshoe?

hi antoniop,
i interviewed early January. the doctor who interviewed me said that they were making the next round of decisions the following week, and he would try to get me in by the end of the month. BUT, he emphasized that my interview was cutting it REAL close to the January decision round/mark, so if i (or any of you guys) didn't hear in Feb, then not to worry because that just means they couldn't squeeze you into the jan meeting. if that's the case, you'll probably hear in march.
best of luck, bruin hopefuls! it's an amazing medical center. i wish i could have seen those miraculous Guatemalan twins while visiting... :)

got ucla's post-secondary rejection letter in the mail today.