UCLA vs. Emory for Academic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA vs. Emory

• UCLA

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Emory

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anacapa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like insight on these schools with regard to both their medicine and research opportunities, but feel free to throw in opinions about quality of life as well!

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA wins in every category (cost, prestige, location, lifestyle, sports, weather). Name it and UCLA has it.

Emory's 1.5 year preclinical curriculum is very cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like insight on these schools with regard to both their medicine and research opportunities, but feel free to throw in opinions about quality of life as well!

what region of the country are you from

I'm from the midwest, so neither of them are close!

hmmm...I can't comment on UCLA but if you think both are equal distance I think I would still go with UCLA-I have heard great things about it...good luck with your decision i don't really have much to contribute :/ I'm sure you'll feel comfortable at both, and both have really great reputations to get you into academic medicine...if I didn't care about location (my family is on the east coast) I would've loved to have had the opportunity to apply to and go to Cali schools, particularly one in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.