UCLA vs UCI vs USC acceptance statistics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPhys2MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I've done some searching and couldn't find the answer to my question... If it has been brought up you can just refer me to the previous thread please.

But what I'm wondering is considering UCLA is one of the top medical schools in the country and UCI and USC are moreso considered midteir, why when comparing the MCAT and GPA range of UCLA vs UCI vs USC does UCLA has the widest range of score (ie the 10th percentile is lower for both GPA and MCAT). I completely understand that numbers aren't everything, but to me this seems somewhat counterintuitive. Is it b/c UCLA is looking for certain characteristics in theis applicants that are GPA and MCAT independent? Any insight in appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

Ohhh, it'd be nice to see the stats separately for Drew and Prime - is that available? I'm assume you're implying the stats are somewhat lower for these programs, but I read another thread on SDN in which someone stated they contacted the admissions office and was told that average stats were similar to Griffen. Do the other UC schools include the Prime applicant GPA & MCAT scores in their MSAR reportings?