UCLA vs. UCSD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dancer77

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

when in doubt go p/np

Members don't see this ad :)
do you want to do primary care or some specialty?

ucla has the better hospital system and the preclinical years seem to be set up to be a low stress as possible.

UCLA. Better hospital, better curriculum, better research, better reputation.

If you have a choice, then UCLA. If you get in to either place, be grateful.

My UCLA student guides told me that UCSD is the UC with the most competition between students and that UCLA is the school with the least. That's what they said, don't hold me to those words! Obviously they're going to make their school seem great and diss others :>

My UCLA student guides told me that UCSD is the UC with the most competition between students and that UCLA is the school with the least. That's what they said, don't hold me to those words! Obviously they're going to make their school seem great and diss others :>

I go to UCSD. Given the choice I would have gone to UCLA.

But still, this UCSD = ultra-competitive thing is total bull.

Hey, I go to UCSD, too, and I have absolutely no regrets. I would jump 10 feet in the air if I got into the med. school here! :) And yes, I do agree that the undergrad atmosphere at least is pretty chill...

to clarify, i go to UCSD SOM.

Competitiveness is a characteristic of students, not a school. The notion that the H/P/F system transforms otherwise loving and cooperative people into ultra-gunners is ridiculous.

There may be a few competitive people, but not nearly enough to make it a characteristic of the student body as a whole.

I won't say anything about UCLA's student environment because I don't go there and anything I say would be hearsay.

to clarify, i go to UCSD SOM.

Competitiveness is a characteristic of students, not a school. The notion that the H/P/F system transforms otherwise loving and cooperative people into ultra-gunners is ridiculous.

There may be a few competitive people, but not nearly enough to make it a characteristic of the student body as a whole.

I won't say anything about UCLA's student environment because I don't go there and anything I say would be hearsay.

Lol. Nice to hear you're above the rumor-spreading. I thought I'd mention the nice UCLA student's rumor to get this thread going, but I was actually hoping a UCSD student would see my comment and be like "er no!" lol. Thanks for shedding light. :>