UCLA, why have you forsaken me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaguy32

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please give me an interview! Any movement from UCLA?

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone's in love with this school, me included. :p I don't expect an interview invitation at this point, sadly.

I even GO here and no interview. Was complete 9/23.

Members don't see this ad :)
seilienne said:
I even GO here and no interview. Was complete 9/23.
Yes, *sigh* I go here too. :p ..no interview yet...I mean where do they get the UCLA undergrads that fill up a third of their med student class??? :rolleyes:
They must be demigods or something :laugh:

Having said that, I still would love an interview here... :p

DrZee said:
Yes, *sigh* I go here too. :p ..no interview yet...I mean where do they get the UCLA undergrads that fill up a third of their med student class??? :rolleyes:

Is that true that 33% of the UCLA med school class are from UCLA undergrads? So that means almost everyone will already know about Janss (sp?) step and rubbing the bruin statue's foot before exams? I don't go to UCLA but I heard these stories during my interview. Either way I'm sure you and 33% of the first year class know them better than I do.

I think they will be interviewing for awhile so I'm sure yours is coming. I would really like to get into to UCLA also, so hopefully it works out for all of us. Still I hope that UCLA beats USC this weekend, although after going to the Notre Dame/USC game I think Reggie Bush is by far the deserving Heisman candidate.

Unfortunately the bear happens to be hibernating at the moment (in anticipation of the game on Saturday); I can't rub his foot for help with this awful essay I'm trying to give birth to at the moment. I have not, however, touched the water in the inverted fountain since orientation, so I shouldn't have the 5th year curse hanging over my head! Nobody hops over the 7th step, anymore, though. What a shame.

I have no idea what the % is, but I'm not too concerned about not having an interview here thus far - I don't think you could pay me enough to stay here another 4 years. I've had fun, but it's time to move on. Diddy Riese will be hard to forget, though. . .

I don't know much about Bush & whether he's deserving or not, but I do have to say that I love watching Drew play. Heart-attack inducing football at its best. It's been a fun season.

What can we say about Reggie? He's ferrociously, fantastic, football phenomenon! Oh...and he's fast. REALLY fast. I think, barring a UCLA upset,(a game which the Almighty will him/herself watch from both sidelines simulataneouly), and UCLA stopping the run - which by the way they can't - Reggie is a unanimous choice for the Heisman. That or his buddy Leinart. I think that Texas will be just like Oklahoma...over-rated. USC should be able to PUNISH TEXAS severely. Now...Penn. State is a whole nother story. That's who it should be....USC vs. Penn St. Hehe.

Rebs said:
Is that true that 33% of the UCLA med school class are from UCLA undergrads? So that means almost everyone will already know about Janss (sp?) step and rubbing the bruin statue's foot before exams? I don't go to UCLA but I heard these stories during my interview. Either way I'm sure you and 33% of the first year class know them better than I do.

I think they will be interviewing for awhile so I'm sure yours is coming. I would really like to get into to UCLA also, so hopefully it works out for all of us. Still I hope that UCLA beats USC this weekend, although after going to the Notre Dame/USC game I think Reggie Bush is by far the deserving Heisman candidate.
I know at least 20-30 of the first year class ( is it 121 total? so maybe around a little less than a third) went to UCLA (safe estimate), now some of them may not be the fresh out of college bunch, they prolly got extra stuff done after UCLA was over...but UCLA med has a good chunk of its class from the same named undergrad...you can see it at the white coat ceremony when they read the name of the institutions these people attended and every 2-3 names in average went to UCLA. So, the good news for me (I used to think) is that they like us, but statistically, I guess they interview fewer of us because they know most of those they interview will stay put and accept right away (which is probably true :( )....Perhaps someone who is an MS1 can fill us in...How many of the total # of people interviewed went to UCLA as an undergrad?

cHocoBo 118 said:
dont intend to make you sad with this but I just got an interview invite last week. so there def is movement at UCLA.

i am in love with that school... and from the sound of it, you prolly are too. I wish you the best of luck.

when were you complete?

Does anyone know when UCLA sends out its first acceptances?

Rebs said:
Does anyone know when UCLA sends out its first acceptances?
January 15th from what I have heard

cHocoBo 118 said:
dont intend to make you sad with this but I just got an interview invite last week. so there def is movement at UCLA.

i am in love with that school... and from the sound of it, you prolly are too. I wish you the best of luck.

I just have a quick question. While taking chem 153A-C at UCLA during my year off after graduating I noticed that they named that school after David Geffen. Isn't he just some entertainment mogul? Why did they name the school after him and not someone who has actually made a contribution to the medical field?

cya!

GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!
Big game coming up and I wont be able to go b/c I am at school in Philly

Napoleon4000 said:
What can we say about Reggie? He's ferrociously, fantastic, football phenomenon! Oh...and he's fast. REALLY fast. I think, barring a UCLA upset,(a game which the Almighty will him/herself watch from both sidelines simulataneouly), and UCLA stopping the run - which by the way they can't - Reggie is a unanimous choice for the Heisman. That or his buddy Leinart. I think that Texas will be just like Oklahoma...over-rated. USC should be able to PUNISH TEXAS severely. Now...Penn. State is a whole nother story. That's who it should be....USC vs. Penn St. Hehe.

I would agree with you except for the fact that USC's 2ndary is weak due to injury depletion. Notice how Fresno St. just marched down the a couple of weeks ago. They were gaining first down after first down with easy passes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well LenDale White's MRI came back negative so he will be good to go. Its just a matter of whether "Superman," I mean Reggie Bush puts on another show like last week. I just hope UCLA gives USC a good game. In reality USC already lost to my team Notre Dame...there was no way they should have escaped that 4th and 9. Still having nightmares about that..

riceman04 said:
I just have a quick question. While taking chem 153A-C at UCLA during my year off after graduating I noticed that they named that school after David Geffen. Isn't he just some entertainment mogul? Why did they name the school after him and not someone who has actually made a contribution to the medical field?

cya!

GO TROJANS!!!!!!!!!
Big game coming up and I wont be able to go b/c I am at school in Philly

Haha! Because its LA! :laugh: Isnt one of the hospitals named after Mattel, the toy company?

cHocoBo 118 said:
I was complete on 11/7.

congrats, that's really cool. I also go to UCLA, mimg major. They received all my stuff by 11/2 but have not heard back from them. Anyways we'll see what happens. do you mind putting on your stat . i have about 3.5 bcm and 30Q so i dont what they are still doing.
good luck and keep us posted

EastCstBound said:
Haha! Because its LA! :laugh: Isnt one of the hospitals named after Mattel, the toy company?

Yeah you are right!!! Mattel Children's Hopsital in the heart of LA.

That sucks!

Yeah, a kiddie hospital named after a toy company and a med school named after an entertainment industry great. . . what a place.

uclaguy32 said:
Please give me an interview! Any movement from UCLA?

Had my interview on 11/14 and they said first acceptances aren't distributed until at least January 15th... Counting the days ahhh....

Were you guys notified that you were complete or did you just assume that you were complete after you submitted the secondary? (I submitted my secondary on 9/25 and have heard nothing since, although it says recieved next to my supplemental information and letters of rec on the status page.) Also, for those of you who have recieved an interview, did your status change online or did you just hear by snail mail?

Thanks for your help!

laxgirl9 said:
Were you guys notified that you were complete or did you just assume that you were complete after you submitted the secondary? (I submitted my secondary on 9/25 and have heard nothing since, although it says recieved next to my supplemental information and letters of rec on the status page.) Also, for those of you who have recieved an interview, did your status change online or did you just hear by snail mail?

Thanks for your help!
For UCLA, your app is complete when the LORs and Secondary both show as "received". I got an email invite and my status for "interview" changed to "requested" on the webpage at about the same time. fyi, I was complete on 9/26 and got a request on 10/4 (I'm mstp tho, so the turnaround times are usually different). Good luck!

Rebs said:
Well LenDale White's MRI came back negative so he will be good to go. Its just a matter of whether "Superman," I mean Reggie Bush puts on another show like last week. I just hope UCLA gives USC a good game. In reality USC already lost to my team Notre Dame...there was no way they should have escaped that 4th and 9. Still having nightmares about that..

you have to admit though that it was a ballsy throw by lein. If anything i would say that push by bush at the end would have been more of something to look at =P.

GO USC!!!!

TRuss said:
you have to admit though that it was a ballsy throw by lein. If anything i would say that push by bush at the end would have been more of something to look at =P.

GO USC!!!!

Two things to note:

-That throw by Leinart was an audible at the line. Which begs the question why the Notre Dame cornerback was playing up so close on the WR (Smith) when they had nine yards to go and no time-outs. Worst case scenario, they complete a 10-15 yd pass, get a first down, but the clock keeps running. Just don't give up a 62 yard bomb!!

-Yes, Bush did push Leinart in, but how about that spot from the refs. The play before Leinart fumbles and it goes out of bounds at about the 1 or 2 yd line, and yet they spot it a foot away from the goaline.

Obviously you can tell I've dwelled a bit over this.

Don't linger on the small stuff. That game is in the past. USC vs. UCLA. Who knows the outcome. We can think out quite a few ways in which this game could potentially come out. Who really knows. It's a game. UCLA did have a few pretty nice comebacks. But clearly our team was just plain lucky. USC on the other hand has had some luck, but luck alone doesn't win 33 games in a row. Bush should win the Heisman hands down, barring any real mistakes this weekend. Plus, all this talk about USC's weak secondary is BS. They are #1. They've won 33 in a row regardless. Give them some credit. Our team was punished by Arizona. ARIZONA! It's not like they played Oregon. ARIZONA. USC destroyed Arizona. They pretty much ran up the score on everyone except Oregon and Fresno st. If USC had a hard time against Fresno, and STILL won, I think our team should be a piece of cake.

USC: 52
UCLA: 27

or

USC: 52
UCLA: 42

For those who are wondering, roughly 30 people in the class of 2009 were UCLA undergrads. Cal has the second highest number of people.

laxgirl9 said:

Thanks for your help!

I'm not mstp. Beside the transcripts and interview slot it changed to requested. I did NOT get an email however. The invite is also in the mail from what they said. Hope this helps.

Rebs said:
Two things to note:

-That throw by Leinart was an audible at the line. Which begs the question why the Notre Dame cornerback was playing up so close on the WR (Smith) when they had nine yards to go and no time-outs. Worst case scenario, they complete a 10-15 yd pass, get a first down, but the clock keeps running. Just don't give up a 62 yard bomb!!

-Yes, Bush did push Leinart in, but how about that spot from the refs. The play before Leinart fumbles and it goes out of bounds at about the 1 or 2 yd line, and yet they spot it a foot away from the goaline.

Obviously you can tell I've dwelled a bit over this.

That pass was to Jarrett

riceman04 said:
That pass was to Jarrett

My bad, youre right it was Dwayne Jarrett. I had my eyes closed at that time.

should i loose all hope for UCLA, because i still dont even have a secondary.
oh gosh,,...its my most fav school in the world...i went there for undergrad and now i work here tooo!! and no love still..!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Yeah- I don't have a secondary either. Game over, right?