Ucla

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can an applicant apply to UCLA-Geffen and UCLA-Drew?? Or are you allowed to apply to both? Are they different med schools? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply to both. They are separate selections on AMCAS. Drew/UCLA is considered a part of UCLA and you get your MD from UCLA.

you can definitely apply to both. they make it easy for you--you send both secondaries to the same address, with both checks. sure it seems like another money-squeezing layer of bureaucracy for the regents, but since it's in the name of the underserved, i can't really hold it against them. as for being different med schools, they are not. they are two separate programs with the same basic courses. i believe the difference is in the clinical training --> drew focuses on urban/underserved communities.

Members don't see this ad :)
LA:) said:
you can definitely apply to both. they make it easy for you--you send both secondaries to the same address, with both checks. sure it seems like another money-squeezing layer of bureaucracy for the regents, but since it's in the name of the underserved, i can't really hold it against them. as for being different med schools, they are not. they are two separate programs with the same basic courses. i believe the difference is in the clinical training --> drew focuses on urban/underserved communities.

you dont send both secondaries and checks to the same address. its a different ad com.

but im pretty sure in reality (not in theory) you cannot be accepted to drew and then to ucla...they wouldnt take you away from the other program since they only accept who they really want.

so, yes you can apply to both. think of drew as a sub-program of ucla med.

sorry. i didn't apply to the drew program. i was told this from a first year at geffen who applied to both programs. my bad.

this person also mentioned that the two programs try to not accept people into both programs, but did know of someone who did get into both. i don't know what the deal was. i guess it's all hearsay.

sorry, again.

docmemi said:
you dont send both secondaries and checks to the same address. its a different ad com.

but im pretty sure in reality (not in theory) you cannot be accepted to drew and then to ucla...they wouldnt take you away from the other program since they only accept who they really want.

so, yes you can apply to both. think of drew as a sub-program of ucla med.