Ucla

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raph91

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody had some advice on how good of a program UCLA is and how it compares to the top tier (MGH/BWH/UCSF) and what tier it would fit in (with Columbia, Cornell, etc or would it be above those?). Just wondering so if anybody has any advice, I'd really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

i think u will mostly get opinions here raph...mine is that it sits closer to columbia cornell penn territory...definitely third best program in cali probably (after SF and stanford)...strong training program...girls in bikinis...what else can u ask for...

DrJ-Bond said:
i think u will mostly get opinions here raph...mine is that it sits closer to columbia cornell penn territory...definitely third best program in cali probably (after SF and stanford)...strong training program...girls in bikinis...what else can u ask for...
how about the men? Are they hot?

DrJ-Bond said:

i think UCLA is on par w/ stanford, usnews ranks it 5th best hospital and stanford 16th, this is based on cummulation of subspeciality rankings which is mostly based on reputation scores from top faculty. then again rankings are b.s. so it's silly to try to separate the great from the great. Anyway, i think most people consider stanford to be known more for its fellowships than its residency program, though the same can be said about UCLA. can't go wrong w/ either place, fellowship placement is equal and very west coast based. I would put UCLA on the same tier as columbia/cornell/duke/penn/stanford/UW/ucsd/BIDC/emory/u of chic/utsw/wash u/mayo...etc. these are all excellent and we could argue till our face is blue until one comes out on top, it won't matter you will be excellent if you go to any of them. Clearly MGH/BWH/JHU/UCSF are in a class of there own, and likewise you would have a hard time convinsing anyone that one is better than the others.