1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

UCLA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by CShepard, Oct 25, 2001.

1. CShepard

CShepard Junior Member

I am going to go see UCLA's dental campus tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has taken a tour there. Are there any spots of interest. Oh yeah, is the dental school on the undergrad campus or is it seperate?

Shepard

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

Shepard,

how was your visit? I stopped by one Saturday in May, and the whole place was shut down. I didn't get to see very much, although I did get to speak with a student. The dental school is on the main campus and is located next to the medical school (but you probably found that out).

I just got an email from Kristy Fong verifying that my application is complete. Has anyone heard anything about interviews? In her email, she stated that the Admissions Committee will start reviewing applications and selecting applicants for interviews in November through the end of May.

thanks!
    :) ricegirl

4. ayoon80

ayoon80 Member

Hey guys,
    I was at ucla for undergrad, and the campuses are very close togethor. I'm waiting for an interview notice too, do you know if anyone else has heard?

5. waiting

waiting Senior Member

I haven't heard yet but during my latest round of interviews last week I ran into one person who just recieved an interview invite last week, by phone.....

waiting for the ring...
    -h

6. Samantha Shepard

Samantha Shepard New Member

Hey CShepard!

I didn't apply to UCLA, but I have a friend who stayed on their campus last summer. She loved it. She said everyone was really cool and there are a ton of things to do. Good luck! :)

7. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Kristy Fong from UCLA Admissions just called me yesterday....I got an interview for 11/28th! Man, I'm really excited as it was my top choice over the summer but I'd given up hope of hearing from them before 12/1st.....

Has anyone been there yet for an interview and if so how was it?? I really don't know that much about the school, so any info would be appreciated...

Good luck to all....hang in there & keep your fingers crossed!

8. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

waiting -

congrats!!! :D UCLA is a really really really really REALLY great school. :) :) I have a good friend who graduated from there, and he's now in a speciality program. Many graduates go on to speciality programs (ie - most of the class, apparently), and the class avg on the NB is very high. Also, they are on the Pass/Fail system (if that's not the greatest... what is? ;) ). I believe the clinics where remodelled not so long ago, either. I'm so excited for you! :)

Happy interviewing -
    ricegirl :D

9. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

waiting!

Hey, I got THE phone call from Kristy tonight -- I'll be there the same day as you!!! :) :) are you going to be in the 7:15 group or 9:45 group? I'm gonna be in the 7:15 group. I'm so excited!!! :D :D :D :D

ricegirl :p

10. wasabi007

wasabi007 Senior Member

AAAAHHHH!!! you guys!! i just got a call from Kristy tonight as well!!! i can't believe it! i'll be there the same day as you guys...11/28!! i'll be in the 7:15p group! i'm sooooo excited! :D :D :D i look forward to meeting you guys there!

11. ricegirl

ricegirl Senior Member

wasabi!

congrats! this is all so very exciting, plus meeting 2 SDNers at the same time. ;) it's been a good 2 weeks. :)

ricegirl

12. waiting

waiting Senior Member

Wasabi and Ricegirl...

Congrats guys!!! How sweet is that...we all heard at the same time and got the same date. The elation feels even better when you can share it w/others. It'll be fun to actually meet and encourage each other on.... :) Maybe we should all write our sdn names on our name tags so we can id each other? That'll make for an interesting 'break-the-ice' discussion during the morning round table....

7:15? Man, u guys are early risers, huh? I chose the 945 slot since I'll be staying w/my uncle in orange county and will have a decent drive to LA in the morning...I'm sure we'll run into each other though... :)

15 days and counting... :p

13. Lin709

Lin709 Member

Hey is anyone going on the 27th of November? I'm really excited, as it is one of my top choice schools!

14. wasabi007

wasabi007 Senior Member

hi waiting and ricegirl~

this is all pretty exciting...i look forward to meeting you at UCLA....oh yeah...7:15AM...not pm...duh... :p

15. snowman

snowman Member

hi, guys

too bad i miss the interview on 11/28. i received the interview email on 11/14 night, and i am on my way to buf and canada at that time. did not see it until i am back.

just came back last night, 11/28 is full, so i can not see your guys this time. i will be there in Jan.

anyway, really glad for your guys :)
    good luck waiting, ricegirl, wasabi & lin709!