Ucla...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elto

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just called them to check the status of my application, lady told me the admissions comitee will be meeting next week to review applications. They will be contacting those selected by phone and sending rejection letters by mail....
Good luck to all... :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I just called them to check the status of my application, lady told me the admissions comitee will be meeting next week to review applications. They will be contacting those selected by phone and sending rejection letters by mail....
Good luck to all... :luck:
Thanks Elto! Good to know as I also applied there and have not heard anything...
Thanks, Sofi

Thanks Elto! Good to know as I also applied there and have not heard anything...
Thanks, Sofi

Hi... yes, it seems that they do not e mail or call to confirm if application is complete. I almost had a heart attack when they lady told me my TOEFL was missing and the deadline was over!!!! Thank God it was a mistake and my application is complete but you better call and check....

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I haven't called them, but I guess I should, maybe my TOEFL or something is also missing and I don't even know it...
Thanks again Elto.
Sofi
BTW, which number did you call?

i have also called UCLA and the lady gave me same answer that my application is complete and if i will be selected they will call me or if i am not they will notify me by mail...so keep your fingers cross for couple of weeks..
best luck to all..

Wow, I haven't called them, but I guess I should, maybe my TOEFL or something is also missing and I don't even know it...
Thanks again Elto.
Sofi
BTW, which number did you call?

This is the number: 310 825 6218

I called them today and apparently they misspelled my first name but my application is complete...

I asked them how many applicants have applied to UCLA this year, they told me that it was over 1000 :eek:

That's a lot eh...

I called them today and apparently they misspelled my first name but my application is complete...

I asked them how many applicants have applied to UCLA this year, they told me that it was over 1000 :eek:

That's a lot eh...
:)
Hi Samyred! Yes, this is pretty depressing... :thumbdown: do you think we'll have any hope?? I loose hope sometimes.... and then I don't know what to do.:mad:
Sofi:smuggrin:

1000 for 12 seats???? :eek:

Yeah that's a huge number, but what can we do?

I wonder if the same 1000 are applying to other dental schools, I have heard from some statistics that every year there are 3000 applicant for the advanced standing programs.... surely not all of them are top notch, but many of them are... and perhaps 50% of them don't know about SDN.

I think a project like a dental school for international dentists in USA would be a great investment since there are a lot of applicants and very few seats.

Well, all I can say is best luck everyone, especially moi :)

UMN 10
Columbia 12
Tufts 14
UPitt 15
UIllinois 20
UFl 12
UCSF 24
Loma Linda 16
BU 65
UOP 16
UCLA 12
USC 32
NYU120 (or was it 200?)
UPenn 35

Some of these numbers are old, but if you do the math, I believe the number will be around 400-500 devided by 3000... a chance of 1:6, anyone is feeling better? (I mean less worse) :p

Personally I have a feeling the yearly total number of applicants is >4000.

UMN 10
Columbia 12
Tufts 14
UPitt 15
UIllinois 20
UFl 12
UCSF 24
Loma Linda 16
BU 65
UOP 16
UCLA 12
USC 32
NYU120 (or was it 200?)
UPenn 35

Some of these numbers are old, but if you do the math, I believe the number will be around 400-500 devided by 3000... a chance of 1:6, anyone is feeling better? (I mean less worse) :p

Personally I have a feeling the yearly total number of applicants is >4000.
Thanks Samyred! That helped, I am feeling better now (actually, less worse)...
Sofi