Ucla

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pearle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Did anyone apply to UCLA? And did you recieve any acknowledgement from them? Well I sent it about a week ago and they say that they havent got it yet. My delivery confirmation shows that it reached them long back.The deadline is closing in.

Never did I think in my life that U.S schools would have such a bad administration....right from the irresponsible ADA to the lazy clerk who accepts the mail for the schools.Whatever will happen to my Cashiers check in the big 10x13 envelope.

Anyone else with the same problem?Please respond????Any help will be very much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

Join the GANG... I am having a similar problem with UCSF. Probably testing our cool....What you can do is call UCLA and try to talk to Anna Guzman and ask her about your application.

hi pearle,
did u talk to anna?..i recieved an email from her stating that my application was complete.she is very co operative.u can call her or email her.i am sure she will correspond .
good luck
chanchalpari

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Pearle, Kosha and Chanchal,
I have applied to UCLA too. I got a confirmation from Anna that the application was complete. But no other mail after that. Did any one of you talk with UCLA to know what the next process is. How difficult is it to get a call?. I have a 90 in Part 1 and 243 Toefl. How about your scores (If you dont mind). Did you guys hear any thing about UCLA from friends., etc. When will they send the call letters and when are the interviews?. Also do you know what the pattern of the selection would be?. I know these are too many questions but thought we can compile answers as we know so it is useful to all of us.

Hi UBD,

I applied to UCLA too. I have not got any call from Anna. Can you share with us what your scores are?.

hi there, has anyone else received an interview for ucla.... what scores do they really look for??

Hello All

When did you all apply to UCLA? month and year.

Do you have to apply one year in advance as mentioned
in their application package?

Thanks
Sanjiv

hi sanjiv,
i applied this september.one year in advance meaning the one who applied before october 2003 and is selected will join the course in 2004.
hope this helps

i applied in september of this year, but didn't get any call... anyone else got a call from ana?

Originally posted by ubd
.......and believe me i know how i have completed my application , i had to send 2 ece evaluations, 2 tofel scores, 2 ada scores. their dept has really messed up when it come to storing the documents and receiving the applications !!!!

2 of each???? That's a waste of money!!! Those people beleive we're rich or what??? I do hope they accept you, after all this hassle.

hey,
I have applied ti ucla too ,got an email from anna ...saying that my application is complete.....
nothing further..
my score is 87 part 1 ,250 toefl..
any idea what they are looking for??
how keen are you guys to get into ucla??
thanks,
lebelle

hi all..
Is there anyone on a dependent visa/without a green card...
Iam on a dependent visa ......does anyone know whether this will influence ur selection to advanced standing program??

Thanks,
lebelle

Originally posted by lebelle
hi all..
Is there anyone on a dependent visa/without a green card...
Iam on a dependent visa ......does anyone know whether this will influence ur selection to advanced standing program??

Thanks,
vidya

When I was thinking of applying to UCLA, I asked Mrs. Guzman this same question. She said "no". So, your INS status doesn't influence your acceptance to the school.

Most schools also responded the same, except the ones that clearly state that on their application requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anybody recieved the call from UCLA? r u guys aware what r the criterions they r looking for, cause i applied and they have put me in alternate list, my score being pretty decent(91):confused: ,don't know what they want?

I myself want to know what the formula is as I have 90 score !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi,
my GPA is 3.09 and my TOEFL score is 257. i don't know what they want from us?:mad:
dds fight r u from india?

Hi Smart Dentist.
Yes I am from India!.

Hello!

I think that UCLA will be a mystery to all. Their program is actually pretty new, so maybe they are not totally set on what they want to be. I think their program is only 3 years old.

So, we'll have to wait and see what they are looking for.

Smart dentist, you can ask them why they rejected you. Did Anna tell you that you are put on a waiting list? Or did you talk to someone on the admissions committee that they have?

Hello

Have you guys received invitation letters for the practical test from UCLA? Or have you just been calling and talking to Anna?

i am a little confused as to the conversations on this thread.

Originally posted by smart dentist
........cause i applied and they have put me in alternate list, my score being pretty decent(91):confused: ,don't know what they want?

Is the alternate list the same as a waiting list????

Sorry smart dentist to hear about this. I suposse you applied somewhere else too, right?? hopefully

laser and ubd.....am i missing something...dont know whats going on at all:confused:

Arrogance will not get you anywhere. The question was not directed toward you......get off your high horse and start acting like a professional.
whom was that fer? ny idea?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maxin,

It looks like you might need to take another English class. What I asked what a simple question...you read too much into it.

You need to understand what you talk about.

:laugh:

It seems like there was a bit of a misunderstanding between us all (myself, Maxin and ubd). There was way too many confusion......and I think it has been resolved.
Soooooo.........that's it. I shall truly miss Maxin....she/he was a great competitor. I hope I see him/her at the exam to laugh over this all. :clap:

My question before this whole mess was whether the waiting list letters were also mailed. Because that's kind of odd.....kind of soon...in my opinion.

Ciao

any idea what r the cut off part 1 scores ucla people r looking for?:rolleyes:

I just got a private message from Maxim. I'm very sad to say that he or she announced that they're leaving this forum.

I don't want to become involved in this issue of yours, but I feel very sad, that our usually friendly and helpful forum is loosing a recent member over this issue. Maybe if Maxim had been a member for a longer period of time, he or she would have known that it doesn't happens around here usually.

I don't know if you guys have ever visited the pre-allo, pre-dental, everyone and loungue forums, but those really turn into boxing rings some times. It will be very sad that our forum turned into one of those.

It seems to me that this problem arouse as result of a misunderstending. We all know that it's not only what we say that matters, but also HOW we say it. Trying to do this only with words in an anonymous messagge board, makes it a really difficult task to get one points across. For most of us members of this forum, English is not our native languague, so that makes it even harder.

Not all of us know how to write properly in English, so that just adds to the problem. One good advice will be to try to take into accound general gramatics and orthographics rules when we're writing, so that our post turns out the most READER FRIENDLY way as possible. That way, we will avoid offending others without the intention to do it.

I hope I don't offend anyone with this post, and I really wish Maxim recapacitates and comes back to our forum, because it just not worth it. Remember the best way to avoid trouble, is just ignoring offending messagges and its posters. Thanks all for reading. Good night.

Originally posted by smart dentist
any idea what r the cut off part 1 scores ucla people r looking for?:rolleyes:

I think is 80 or 83, I don't quite remember.

Smart Dentist,

I am not sure what scores UCLA is looking for. I think that it might be in the mid 90's. That's just my guess. Since you had a pretty nice score, I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't even consider a score of 91. I mean, are there really 25 people who applied there with scores higher than that? Maybe. But just seems like they are being very very picky.

Originally posted by sara25
....., I couldn't imagine why they wouldn't even consider a score of 91. I mean, are there really 25 people who applied there with scores higher than that? Maybe. But just seems like they are being very very picky.

I'm sure many more than 25 have applied with great scores. UCLA is a really desired school and proabably gets hundreds of applicants. I for sure will like to live in LA!!! And yes, if they are extremely picky with their freshman class applicants, imagine with their foreigners!!!:laugh:

Hi,
i have received an invitation for the interview and test from UCLA.. they seem to interested in money from the start!!! they want the candidates to pay 300bucks to take these test and interview..
tell me something.. how expensive is UCLA compared to USC and UCSF.
thanks

hi all:

this is just a thought ....what about those who have not got a 90 or up ??/dose it mean that they r not nay worth ....looks like that ...
hell ya they r all interested in yr money ...they wnated it all money ..good scores ....all in one package.....

ucsf, ucla, usc they r all the same ....no one is cheaper than the other one ....

thats what i felll anyway evryoneis entitled to his / her opinion