UConn 2nd Look Weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DGhiker

Brookes the Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There aren't all that many people posted in the acceptance thread for UConn, but I'm curious anyway....anyone here planning on attending UConn's 2nd Look Weekend on April 1st and 2nd? I am! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

DGhiker said:
There aren't all that many people posted in the acceptance thread for UConn, but I'm curious anyway....anyone here planning on attending UConn's 2nd Look Weekend on April 1st and 2nd? I am! :thumbup:

I'm debating about what to do... I also got accepted and feel I have a pretty good grasp on the school, but its not really my top choice and I'm scared if I go, I'll get sucked in b/c everyone is soooo nice!!! :D

soo... I'm hesitating about confirming whether or not I'll go to second look weekend. any suggestions? :oops:

I am waiting to hear back from the non-rolling schools before I commit to going to UConn's 2nd Look Weekend. I know that at least one of the schools I'm waiting on (Duke) has their 2nd Look the same weekend, so I'm witholding my decision before finding out if I've been accepted to any other schools. Maybe I'll see you there, maybe I won't; time will tell...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview sometime in March...I really really hope that I will be joining you at the second look weekend :)

If I get accepted (still waiting to hear after my interview in mid-January), I will probably go. What exactly goes on at the 2nd look weekend? UConn is my top choice, so I'll definitely be there in the Fall if things work out.

chumpana said:
I'm debating about what to do... I also got accepted and feel I have a pretty good grasp on the school, but its not really my top choice and I'm scared if I go, I'll get sucked in b/c everyone is soooo nice!!! :D

soo... I'm hesitating about confirming whether or not I'll go to second look weekend. any suggestions? :oops:

Yea they are really nice. Seems like a nice place, but it was too countyish for me since I would prefer to be in a city.

VPDcurt said:
If I get accepted (still waiting to hear after my interview in mid-January), I will probably go. What exactly goes on at the 2nd look weekend? UConn is my top choice, so I'll definitely be there in the Fall if things work out.

From what I remember from the email, the following goes on in no specific order: The dean talks about the school, they talk to you about financial aid and housing a bit, there's some kind of gross anatomy experience, you tour departments in 3 of the hospitals where you'll be 3rd and 4th year, there's a dinner on Friday night with skits by some of the students and a party after that, on Saturday you can attend an interest/focus group like peds or emergency medicine.

That's all I can remember right now. I really liked the school at my interview and am just looking forward to going there again to see if I still like it as much and to see who my potential classmates are. Hope to see you there!

To all of those who attended UConn's 2nd look weekend over these past two days, do you have any feedback or additional info on the school for those of us still waiting to hear back after our interviews? Thanks!

DGhiker -

Since it seemed as though you were the most sure of attendance at 2nd look weekend, how was it?? Approx. how many people attended? Thanks!