Uconn AEGD interview invitation, YAY!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liete

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I received an invitation from Uconn for an interview for their AEGD Program. :soexcited:

I wanted to know:

What types of questions do they ask you?
Do they interview a lot of people?
Any other piece of advice?

Thank you! I'm really nervous :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations for the interview. I did AEGD at Uconn 5 years ago so I guess a lot has changed since then. The interview used to be based on your own questions, no questions= interview is over!!
It is a good program but I didn't enjoy been on call after hours at the ER of the hospital but is just twice a month. You are also going to a community health centers and/or VA hospital once a week. We use to see 90% medicaid patients so it will be a good idea to check with them what procedures are cover to give you an idea of what are you going to be doing there. During my residency medicaid covered everything so I was able to learn and do a lot of complicated cases.
Dr Ruiz is a cool guy, just be yourself, nothing to be nervious about.
Good luck

Congratulations for the interview. I did AEGD at Uconn 5 years ago so I guess a lot has changed since then. The interview used to be based on your own questions, no questions= interview is over!!
It is a good program but I didn't enjoy been on call after hours at the ER of the hospital but is just twice a month. You are also going to a community health centers and/or VA hospital once a week. We use to see 90% medicaid patients so it will be a good idea to check with them what procedures are cover to give you an idea of what are you going to be doing there. During my residency medicaid covered everything so I was able to learn and do a lot of complicated cases.
Dr Ruiz is a cool guy, just be yourself, nothing to be nervious about.
Good luck

Thank you for the info!!!
I'm an international dentist, so it is a HUGE opportunity for me (I know I won't get an USA license with this Program, but my intention is to return to my country :)).
I still want to know if you think they interview a lot of people. I want to know if there is much competition. :confused:

And congrats for finishing the Program! You must be a great dentist ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the info!!!
I'm an international dentist, so it is a HUGE opportunity for me (I know I won't get an USA license with this Program, but my intention is to return to my country :)).
I still want to know if you think they interview a lot of people. I want to know if there is much competition. :confused:

And congrats for finishing the Program! You must be a great dentist ;)

Hello, i am an international dentist too and I am going to UConn's AEGD interview as well.. hopefully we'll all get accepted to the program and have chance to work together. May i ask what country you came from? I am international dentist from China.

Hello,
I have an interview on Tuesday Oct 26. Any suggestions on how to prepare and what type of interview questions to expect.
Thank you :D

can you please guide me on how to apply for aegd

Does anyone heard from Uconn already? I just cant wait until january 31

Hello there guys. I see some of you had an interview at UConn for the AEGD program. I am doing that in a couple weeks. Any information of help will be greatly appreciated. What should I prepare or expect at the interview? What should I ask them about the program? Thanks in advance

Hello there guys. I see some of you had an interview at UConn for the AEGD program. I am doing that in a couple weeks. Any information of help will be greatly appreciated. What should I prepare or expect at the interview? What should I ask them about the program? Thanks in advance

Hmm. The thread was nearly eight years ago. I am not sure if they will reply.