UConn and UVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jacksonchan85

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

need an opinion on these 2 schools I'm thinking about applying to - have out-of-staters had a lot of success receiving interviews and subsequent acceptances from these schools?

UVM has a "no discrimination policy" from their website w/ respect to ethnic/national origin etc...but I've read threads here saying it is like a state school

thanks for the help :)

Members don't see this ad.

UCONN is a state school. Unlike UMASS it gives some of its seats away to out-of-staters. However, they maintain 80% of the seats for Connecticut residents. This means you would be competing for about 16 seats. UCONN on average gets around 2000 apps a year. Good luck.

UVm is definitely open to out-of-staters. The do accept some out of staters outright, but I think most of them get put on the waitlist until they figure out how many Vermonters are attending, then they start letting people in off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
uvm is totally a good school to apply to if you are out of state...i mean almost half the classes in the past have come from california....

but most of their class is from out of state...you gotta realize the population of vermont is miniscule and the premed population of that state is even less. not many apply and thus a very small number get in.

uvm is a top primary care school and they are moving up in research. i feel they are a school with much more room to grow and improve which is always good. i loved that place. the kids were awesome and the administration from what i heard from the students are extremely supportive and helpful.

do apply. you wont regret it.
although it seems they do look for a particular kind of student...so even if you have a 4.0 45, you might not get an invite if you dont fit they type of student they are looking for. but apply there. and see what happens.