UCONN Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

friendsfan

FriendsFan
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I couldn't find any existing UCONN 2011 threads so I thought i'd start one!

Anyone else starting at UCONN in August? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

Looks like I will be there this fall. I'm on a few WLs so you never know, but I have a feeling I will be at UCONN.

Where do M1s generally live, in Farmington, Hartford or elsewhere? What's cool in the city that I don't know about?

Speaking with Christine Brackbill from finaid, it sounds like most students live in W.Hartford, although there are a few in farmington.

Apparently they are supposed to set up a forum for incoming students to make living arrangements, right? has anyone heard news on this?

Lastly, I'm would love to split rent with someone next year, so if you're looking for a room mate, let me know!!! YAY 2011!!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay for 2011! Does anyone know if there's a facebook group?

Yay for 2011! Does anyone know if there's a facebook group?

I dunno, but if not we should definitely start one if there isn't...I'll look into it.

yea, definitely no facebook group...let me know if you start one up!

hey guys!

i know this is probably not the best place to ask, but i'm an MS4 considering my electives in the States. i am currently deciding between a few hospitals in NY and New England. i'm thinking of doing surgery and/or emergency medicine, and was wondering if UConn and its affiliated hospitals have good programs? i will be there for a minimum of 4 weeks.

in addition, how is the housing situation like? are there things to do off-campus? is it easy to get to places like NYC, Boston, etc?

would appreciate it if any of the current students could send me a private message! don't wanna take over your board. cheers! :)

Last edited:
For those of you who have gotten the letter, what do you think you're gonna do about UConn's laptop policy? Will you be using laptops that you already own, or will you be buying them through the school?

I am currently undecided. Their plan is a good deal on the lenovo laptops, but my current laptop is working fine. Also, the 500 bucks to update the laptop and the lack of a guarantee makes me nervous about using my current laptop. :confused:

Once again, congrats all! :welcome:

Hi!

Hey guys,

My name is Todd, I am an MS-4 at UConn and in my boredom on the last day of my vacation, I found this thread. Let me know if I can help you guys out in any ways. Most students at UConn live in Farmington, West Hartford, New Britain, Bristol, etc. I actually live a full half hour from school (split the distance with my fiance's commute), which I don't recommend. In past years we had done our own message board on Yahoo with housing postings, etc. but that did not get done this year (it was student run, sorry!) But let me know if I can help any of you guys out in any way. UConn is awesome, you guys will love it.

-TL

I'm currently WL at UCONN... does anyone know when orientation starts? I'm trying to plan a best and worst case senario for moving... it will either be back home to CT or to Kansas City...

Thanks!!

White Coat: Aug. 17
Orientation: Aug. 20
Class: Aug 21 - eternity ;)

So where have you guys (new UConn MS1's) decided to live? Who's still undecided?

I'm still waiting on my friend who's on waitlist...but I don't know how much longer I want to wait, because I want to end up someplace decent!