UCONN interview date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

06applicant

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email from UCONN about a month ago saying that I was put in line for a interview this month, and that I would be called soon to set up a date. I still didn't recieve that call, and was wondering if anyone else who was told they had a sept. or oct. interview received their date yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an e-mail quite some time ago saying they would schedule me for an October date and would be in touch in September . . . haven't heard a word since. As the end of the month approaches I will call the office. If you were told you had a September interview and haven't heard anything by now, I would at least call the office.

i'm supposed to be interviewed in Sept, and still haven't heard anything else from them :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought I'd post this for any anxious UConn interviewees. I got the "you've been placed on the interview list for October" e-mail in late August. Didn't hear anything from them, so I called the office yesterday (the lady on the phone was very nice) and apparently they don't start setting up interviews until fairly close to your interview date. But, since I was already on the phone she said if there was some date in October that worked well for me, she could see if one was available. Indeed it was, so I got everything scheduled. Moral of the story is they'll contact you eventually, but if you need more than very short notice (or would like to try to grab a soon but not yet filled interview date) give the office a call.

Now a question . . . is anyone flying to UConn? If so, how do you plan on getting from the airport to the campus (it's a really long and expensive cab ride). I'm tempted just to drive from VA . . . any thoughts?

I would just drive from VA. I am from CT and I went to undergrad and grad school in VA. I drove back and forth all the time....took about 8-9 hrs from Richmond...usually more like 8. There are two decent routes too, so depending on the traffic/time of day, I can tell you which one to take. The school is right off of the interstate too so it's easy as hell to find once you get to CT.

I was put on the interview list for september and they finally called--they only had two days available (sept 28th and 30th) but i think they'll have more for the later months since they're just getting started.

That's awfully funny . . . when I finally broke down and called they said I could have almost any October date, or Sept 28th . . . guess they can't give away that date . . .

lol---sept 28th is awfully soon, and smack in the middle of the week :)