UCONN Med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiMDHopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from this school (ie accepted, waitlisted, etc)? What are their normal tendencies with the waitlist? Do they tend to have a big waitlist and if so, how far do they normally reach into it?

Members don't see this ad.

I was waitlisted quite some time ago. However, I interviewed VERY early (the end of September, if I remember correctly). The letter says that while the list IS ranked, they're unable to give you a sense of what your chances are until after May 15th, at which point they encourage you to call.

I don't know if this helps, but it's all I know right now. Incidentally, I'm mailing my waitlist withdrawal letter today.

I interviewed near the end of Jan and was accepted about 6 weeks later (out of state). I withdrew shortly thereafter.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at the end of Sept. and was accepted about 6 weeks later, but have since withdrawn. I'm a CT resident, so that definitely helped me out in the process. I know some people who have gotten off the waitlist as late as the end of August. Good luck! Can't wait for waitlist movement after May 15th!

I interviewed at the beginning of Jan. and got waitlisted about 1 month ago. I think I'll call next week just to see if I can get some info. They put me in the middle third of the list don't know what my chances are from there.

I interviewed in early Jan. and was accepted 6 weeks later. What I have heard about the waitlist is that you have a very good chance of getting off the top third of the list, a so-so chance with the second third, and almost no chance from the last third.

Good luck to you! I am a huge fan of UCONN :)

Just a quick question....anyone know how many interviews UConn gives out every year? And out of these interviewees, how many outright acceptances they give? Just curious about the odds after having gotten to the interview stage. Thanks for the piece of mind.

~JZ

I interviewed at uconn on dec. 2nd and they said don't expect to hear back till end of feb!!! Talk about a long wait...anyways I heard that I think about 1/3 of people who interview get accepted..Good Luck!!