Combinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Dental Student
Hey guys,

For those of you who've been there, went there for an interview or who live there:

How easy do you think it will be there for a student who doesn't have a car (like me)?

How good is the public transport system?

Also, how easy it is to find housing in the area and how expensive is it?
Thanks

Chesnok

Waiting game has ended
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Did you get my Private message ? Check it under your Welcome, nickname if you don't know.

About the Ads

sajjy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2007
Status
Dental Student
If you live in the forest, across the health center then you dont need a car. For grocery you can take the CT transit bus which is pretty convenient. I dont have a car and neither i am planning to buy one.

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Dental Student
If you live in the forest, across the health center then you dont need a car. For grocery you can take the CT transit bus which is pretty convenient. I dont have a car and neither i am planning to buy one.
Yea, I will be totally fine if there is good public transportation. I go grocery shopping on the bus in Seattle anyways.

hoss19

half iron, half man
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Bawlmore
Status
Dental Student
a ton of students live across the street (farmington avenue) in 'the forest apartment. i would look into getting a lease begining in june/july, depending on when uconn starts school. contact dr. t's office, i am sure they have more info

as for grocery shopping, you should try peapod!

Zubnaya Feya

Combinator
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Status
Dental Student
Based on google earth the area seems so wild heh. The last thing I wanna do is go somewhere where there is only school but nothing else at all..

About the Ads