1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UCONN WAITLIST - Need Info!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sam1234, Nov 26, 2002.

1. sam1234

sam1234 Member
    7+ Year Member

What are the chances of making into UCONN if someone gets waitlisted. I heard that UCONN sends out around 75 acceptances in the first group for 40 seats - on Dec 2nd.

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AcidETCH

AcidETCH UPENN SDM '07
    7+ Year Member

Just a question. Where did you hear this? From what the assistant dean of admissions was telling us, he'll be trying to fill only 30 of the 40 seats available on Dec. 2. I'm not sure how many students will be offered to meet that though. To answer you question, I don't know. Sorry. If you don't mind me asking, what makes you ask the question anyways?

AE

4. sam1234

sam1234 Member
    7+ Year Member

Right now i'm so tensed that i'm looking at all the options. I really liked UCONN. There are only 40 seats and they give preference to CT and New England state applicants. So kind of worried if i dont make it in first list at UCONN should i go for UPENN or should i wait for the second list or dont even bother...

5. MsPurtell

MsPurtell Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hi Sam,

I'm a first year at UConn. I don't have an answer to your Q, but wanted to wish you a lot of luck. If you interviewed early, and did well, perhaps you won't be waitlisted at all........you may just get right in. I remember this time last year, and I know how tough it is! Hopefully, you will hear something next week.

6. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at UCONN last year in January actually. At that time they had already filled their class and unknowingly we were practically interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. It is close to damn near impossible coming off of the waitlist, especially if you are out of state and not from the New England area. And since UCONN is a popular school only a couple of people come off of the waitlist. As a result I never came off of the waitlist, even though I knew I had done well on the interview and committee review (so the Dean told me). At least this year I didn't have to go through the gruesome interview and my file went directly to the committee. Good luck and what every happens is probably for the best. Don't worry so much.

7. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at UCONN last year in January actually. At that time they had already filled their class and unknowingly we were practically interviewing for a spot on the waitlist. It is close to damn near impossible coming off of the waitlist, especially if you are out of state and not from the New England area. And since UCONN is a popular school only a couple of people come off of the waitlist. As a result I never came off of the waitlist, even though I knew I had done well on the interview and committee review (so the Dean told me). At least this year I didn't have to go through the gruesome interview and my file went directly to the committee. Good luck and what every happens is probably for the best. Don't worry so much.