Uconn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wise146

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know some people's impressions of UCONN--in terms of area school is in, national board scores, and price for out of state residents.

Some other applicants at the interview were annoyed with the emphasis on board scores.

Members don't see this ad.

i have to say that i was really impressed with the school.

i thought the school was great and the area was absolutely beauitiful. the only one thing that everyone warned me about was the weather. they are expecting some really bad weather this season.

i also thought that the price of living was very reasonable. the cost is great in that you only pay out of state fee the 1st yr alone. after one yr, you become a resident and so your tuition would only be around 15000. as far as the board #s go, they have had a great reputation on their performance. just read their website and you'll be even more impressed.

let me know if i can help more.

I'm a DS2 at UConn. To answer your questions, I think the area is absolutely beautiful. I enjoy living in West Hartford, but it is true that the winters can get pretty bad.

Our board scores are tops and although I probably won't choose to specialize, this is a great school particularly for those who do wish to specialize.

As far as tuition, I think I paid around $9000 for second year because they let you become an in state resident after a year.

margaret

Members don't see this ad :)
What about the patient pool of UConn, and do students get their own operatory, and if yes, then when during their 4 years there? Thanks