Uconn's Finest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaelkastro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say congrats to everyone who was accepted to UCONN. Hope to see the whole crew on August of next year. This is our little corner express yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the "DEATH STAR"!!!

hey everyone...I am so so psyched to get accepted into UCONN...I just fell in love with the school when I visited it during the interview...I am looking forward to meeting all of my classmates in August...
LT:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, congrats to you! I'm a first year here and I've never regretted my choice to come here. We've got a phenomenal program!

See you next fall.:)

Congrats to all! Received the good news on Monday via phone... it's my first choice school so I am quite excited.
Anyone receive the written notification yet?

Hey MsPurtell,

I know you were having a rough time selecting before finally deciding on UConn last year. I'm in the same spot now. :eek:
So how is Farmington after all? You're married right? Does your hubby like it out there? It was kind of boring looking when I was there, so I'm going back with my wife to see if she'd like it or not. Not that I'm whipped or anything, but the last thing I'd need during four years of the "extremely demanding " curriculum is a bored and depressed wife. :laugh:
Thanks for any input you can swing my way. Congrats to the rest of you guys!

Hey loudy,
A few of us who came from cali will tell you not to come here cuz most not all of us are not too happy with this damn place. It's depressing and you feel lonely out here in the boonies, but you got a wife, maybe it would be better for you at least you got someone to keep you company.
The school curriculum is excellent, but it's not easy, you have to work your ass off for it. As you might have already known, we are one of the top school that match students into their specialties. The way i see it, if you don't wanna specialize in anything, it would be a waste to come here. Once again, think seriously and it wouldn't be an bad idea to take your wife here first to browse around before you regret making your decision coming here!!

Tiramisu

Hi Loudy,

I've never regretted my decision once, but honestly I'm too darn busy to notice whether or not there's life here in Farmington. My hubby has a ridiculously long commute to work, so most of his day is occupied with work/commuting. Fortunately, we're close enough to home that he can spend nights back in NYC with friends when he gets bored out of his skull here.

Personally, I like the change from the big city, but hubby could live without it. He sacrificed for me to come here and he just knows he'll have to make the best of it and stick it out. When I'm done with school, I've agreed to head back home as he wishes. It's the least I could do.

On the up side, when I do get time (like right after a big exam), we've found a number of restaurants we really like up here. Sometimes married classmates hang out together, so I don't think you'll be at a loss for freinds with the same situation. I guess it all depends on the kind of life your wife likes.

Let me echo what tiramisu says about the curriculum. There are times I feel so busy it's like I can't keep my head above water. It's getting even tougher now that we've started anatomy. Honestly (and this might just be me), if my hubby were bored and depressed and if I let it weigh on me, it'd probably become too much for me and I'd have trouble functioning in school.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck making your decision.

As I recall, some of the local denizens that hung out in the road houses around Farmington were a gnarly looking bunch.

Geez, now I am going to have to think hard about this one! :confused: Oh well, I know everything will work out in the end! I have appreciated everybody's feedback on the issue. Thank you all so much. You guys rock! :clap:

Hey Loudy,
Was your interview on November 22nd...? Just wondering...I am just curious as to who else in my interview group got in.
LT

Hey Tiramisu,
"...if you don't wanna specialize in anything, it would be a waste to come here." Did you really mean that? I was thinking about sending in my initial deposit today...but your comment is making me have second thoughts about the school. Are there other things that I need to be aware of regarding the curriculum?
Thanks,
LT

hello again,
This is just my opinion and someone else might not agree with me. Our School's curriculum is medical base and you will be expected to learn everything that a med student will, and I meant "EVERYTHING". This is why we always score high on NDB part I, cuz the curriculum prepares you well.

The way i see it, if you wanna keep your options open after getting your DMD degree, this is the school to come cuz you will probably score higher on the NDB as compare to you going to other easier schools (Don't get me wrong, you still have to study your butt off for it), and this high score will help you to get into some other post dental specialty programs or AEGD/GPR. On the other hand, if you like a GP work I would suggest you going to other schools that doesn't have such an intense curriculum and be more relaxed.

Myself and few of my other classmates think that due to such an intense medical curriculum in the first two years of dental school, we didn't get much time to practice on our dental clinic skills such as operative and... etc. So for the first two years, we are kinda slow on the dental side but eventually we will pick up during 3rd and 4th year.

There are other UCONN SDNers out there, maybe they don't agree with my opinions but you should consider other people thoughts and think what's best for you!!

Best luck of all,
tiramisu

Hey Lham,
Wazzup! Yup, we interviewed together on the 22nd. I was the guy with the twisted hair! Congrats on getting in! Is UConn stilll your numero uno choice?

So does anyone know when UCONN sends it's rejection letters or whether or not they tell you you're waitlisted?

Hey guys, thanks a ton for taking the time to post your comments despite your hectic schedule. I am going to make my decision after my finals are over. Loudy...so how did your wife like it in Farmington? Make sure you tell her that it gets better in the fall, the spring, or the summer. The New England weather at this time of the year just makes everything very dead and gloomy.
Catch ya later....LT