ucsd 2nd visit weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matthew0126

Anaheim Angels
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey ucsd-peeps, diff question: is there ne1 *not* going?

i'm still debating, rvsp is by friday... it'd be really fun to meet everybody, but i'm kinda sick of flying and living out of my suitcase. plus i'm gonna be kinda busy up here... also i am kinda money strapped right now, and while $100 ain't all *that* much, it is still money

and i don't really need to find roommates because i want to live in a small little studio; plus i'm still waiting on ucla

so whaddya think?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm way over here in NC and it is the weekend right before my final exams so I'm not going either, can't afford the time or the money. I'm also still not 100% sure I'm going to UCSD, I'm on the waitlist for the MSTP at UCSF. I might live with a friend of mine from school if he's out in SD next year, otherwise I guess I'll just find a one-bedroom somewhere.

if you know u'll probably end up going there, you should go!! it might make or break your decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
what's up matthew0126,

I'm not going to the 2nd look weekend. I'm leaving for SE Asia the Thursday before. When I had asked the admissions office in February about when it was scheduled for, they told me the middle of April. So I made my plans to leave towards the end of the month.

I hope it won't be a big loss. I was really happy with UCSD when I interviewed and felt like I got a good picture of the school. The only way I see myself not going there is if I get in to UCSF (hopefully hear this week), which I absolutely loved. So there isn't any real decision-making involved and they don't have to persuade me that UCSD is a great institution. On the other hand, I do feel that I may miss an opportunity to get to know future classmates (and maybe roommates).

Matthew, I really think you should come if at all possible. It seems that there is a good chance that you are going to SD next year, so it would be fun to meet all of your potential classmates. We'll also get to meet some faculty and other students, and learn more about the curriculum, life in SD, etc. I'm really excited about going! I hope you can make it.

Then again, for me its only a 2-hour drive. I can understand wanting to save some dough.

i pretty sure i'll be there. i think i might drive down from the bay area on thur. or fri.

(still deciding on whether or not to go -- hopefully my schedule lets me! sounds like a lot of fun)

but on another note, has ne1 received a financial aid offer yet?

Matthew, Keith, and Caliboy:

I am definitely going to be there. I live in Irvine and the drive is only 1.5 hours. Keith, you live in the bay area? Which city do you live in? I just came back from San Jose for vacation. I am from San Jose but I live in Irvine right now because of work.

Hope to see everyone there !

I had a suggestion for all those who are attending "Second Look" Weekend at UCSD. Upon receiving nametags, I think you should make sure to write down you actual name as well as your SDN alias. Although I didn't do this at Northwestern University Medical School's "Second Look" Weekend, I wish I did. I found it a little bit more difficult to find fellow SDN members there. However, when I did find them, it was very exciting.

I hope all of you have a good time at UCSD's "Second Look" Weekend.