UCSD Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EpiII

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I returned the phone call to UCSD Admissions office this morning and they accepted me as well!! :D

I am quite surprised to be accepted this early. They are sending out the letters today in the mail.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what is this "acceptable pool" and how it works?? Is it a waitlist? Are you automatically placed in the acceptable pool if you were interviewed but not accepted?

What are the statistics of the # of people that are accepted form the acceptable pool?

Thanks

I believe that if you are not accepted and are not rejected, then you are on the waitlist. They will pull from the waitlist for the rest of the year. Dr. Resnik said that almost everyone would go on the waitlist and they would revisit the list in the ensuing months and pull more and more off the list. I fully expect that many of those on the list will be accepted.

I definitely have not numbers to quote, but assuming they like to interview strong candidates early and they say that they do not accept many at the beginning means that there are strong candidates that end up on the wait list who are then accepted a month or two down the road.