Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UCSD Acceptances

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by kalak24, Apr 16, 2004.

1. kalak24

kalak24 Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm struggling with waiting for the acceptable pool to move. Has anyone actually been accepted out of the pool since March?

2. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i think the best time for people to be taken off the acceptable pool would be after may 15th when everyone has to designate a school to attend. not everyone is going to withdraw right now esp with second look coming up and thoughts of financial aid dance in their heads.

a good number of acceptances will prolly make their decision that week of may and thats when you will see the most movement in the pool.

3. kalak24

kalak24 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Jlee. You know, that's what I figured. It's just that the admit office said people are moving off the list all the time. It got me thinking.

4. They mean people are withdrawing from the list which is obviously a good thing for you.

If you look at threads from last year, the UCSD list moved in late May and early June, and lots of people on SDN alone got in. Pretty much everyone I met on interview day was from the acceptable pool, I asked them.

Good luck!

5. kalak24

kalak24 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Eraserhead. I really appreciate your input.

6. Can I have some Karma then? :D

7. qwerty one

qwerty one Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Certainly is good news for us.