UCSD after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darwin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried calling the admissions office about their status after the interview? Has Dr. Reznick started phoning? If you have called, what type of info. did they tell you? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

People who have interviewed should hear by the end of next week...if not, give them a call. Dr. Resnick will be making decisions this coming Monday. I got that info from the admissions office...

Yeah I ended up calling and was told the same info. The decisions come down to him? Wow, what power. I was told that I was "acceptable" but that Dr. Resnick hadn't made any decisions yet. Anyone know the process? I don't remember them saying anything about this at the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can be one of three things...accepted, acceptable, or rejected. Those who are put into the acceptable pool can then be either accepted or continue to be in the acceptable pool (that is what everyone now is waiting to hear...that final decision). If you are accepted you are in, if you are found "acceptable" then I believe they keep reviewing your file, and if you are never accepted, then you are put onto the waitlist in May or whenever a waitlist is formed. That is what I remember being told, but I could be wrong...

I remember Dr. Resnik saying that our applications get voted on, and then it is sent to the Dean for approval. I think it's the dean of admissions that calls, not Dr. Resnik (Associate Dean). Either way, Dr. Resnik is a nice guy.

I don't think that the decision is made solely by one person. This defeats the purpose of having an admissions COMMITTEE...

Anyways, all we can do is just wait. Whoever hears anything first please post the news so that the rest of us knows what's going on...

Thanks

Something is not right here...there's no way the "final decision" can come down to just one person. My gut feeling is that they aren't telling anything because Dr. Resnick hasn't called anyone yet. I think if we were placed in the "acceptable pool" then they would go ahead and tell us. If we are accepted, then the secretaries can't tell us as that would take away from all the fun Dr. Resnick has in doing so. So they've made up some sort of story about Dr. Resnick making the final decison next week...my gut feeling is that the decisions are already made and Dr. Resnick hasn't had the time to call. It's hopeful anyway.

Hey Sammeyeam...I'm pretty sure it's Dr. Resnick who calls. I wrote that down at the interview. You're right though, the other Dean gets to APPROVE the decision, but I don't think he alone makes it, or Dr. Resnick alone.