UCSD class of 2021 (applying fall 2017)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgirl1994

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an interview at UCSD. Anyone else hear back??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh thats interesting so they have multiple dates the same week?
I found an academic calendar on their website that had dates listed for 4 days in january. Friday and Saturday two weeks in a row.

Hey there all! anyone got an interview on Jan 27th? What do you guys do? how do you prepare?

I would recommend looking at interview questions at studentdoc, which I think prepares you very well. My experience was 2 to 1 interview, with one pharmacist and one faculty member.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I have interview on the 13th as well. The email I got didn't really specify which room or where to go; it just mentions the building. Has anyone called them to find out? Or do you know where to go? I plan to call on Monday if I don't find out by then. Thanks and good luck!

As long as you know where the pharmaceutical science building is, there will be arrows to guide you to the rooms.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if this is an open or closed file interview?

I forgot to ask at the interview, but does anybody happen to know the typical week as a pharmacy student at ucsd? What times are daily classes? I was told they are required to do 3 days at the free clinic but is that per week or month?

Hopefully everybody had or will have a great interview!

Has anyone heard back from ucsd? My friend got accepted today

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got my acceptance email today (2/8/17) at 11:08am

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted yesterday around 11 am too!

To those who were accepted, when did you interview? Do you know if UCSD sends out all acceptances in one wave and then waitlists/rejections after?

Interview was on Jan. 27th. Not sure of the process they use

Last edited:
From last year's thread, it looks like they don't send out all at once. I saw some got accepted on Feb 25th, and some on March 1st of last year. Hope that's the case.

Congratulations! Are you both out of state students?

Did anyone else hear anything back yet? Does UCSD usually have many batches? The wait is making me so nervous.

Mine was 1/27. But it seems the order is pretty random

I had the same interview date, I think they are waiting to see how many people accept the offers they sent out before accepting more?

Probably.. all we can do at this point is wait patiently.. What schools are you all deciding between?

Last week they sent out the decision on Wednesday; so I am hoping that we will hear something tomorrow. Maybe they have meeting the same day every week.

From what I know, my friend was accepted yesterday. I think they only send out a few acceptances each batch

Has anyone else heard anything?
For those who got accepted, what are your stats/experience? were you interested in the pharmD/PhD?

For me, I was only interested in their PharmD program.

Here are my stats:
Junior in college
Cumulative Gpa: 3.99 (when applied)
Had experience in research, clinical, compounding and retail pharmacy
Leader in several clubs
Volunteered at hospital for 5 years

Here are my stats:
Junior in college
Leader in several clubs
Awesome! Congratulations!!

Here are my stats:
Junior in college
Leader in several clubs

Nice and Congrats! Did you and any other people who already got an acceptance also have an interview at UCSF? I remember UCSF saying that they send acceptances out around the same time as UCSD for the students who got interviews at both. Just wanted to confirm if that's right or if I misunderstood.

No I think you're right. After interviewing at both UCSF and UCSD, I wasn't expecting to hear back from these schools until mid March. However I think UCSD may be sending out acceptance letters a little earlier than what people had anticipated.

Sort of? I consider UCSF and UCSD to be my top choices in school. Don't really have a #1 between these two schools.

Interviewed on 1/27 and got in 2/15!

Interviewed 1/27 and got in on 2/17! Hope to see some of you in the fall!

Reactions: 1 users
No emails yet for today? I have never refreshed my email so much in my life!!

So the email I received said that the deadline to accept /decline was march 28th (not sure if this was the same for everyone, seeing that some people did receive acceptances later then I did based on the post). So I'm assuming they will be sending more acceptances as people respond. I'm sure you will hear back soon. Hang in there you got this! Hope this post helped a little.

Last edited:
So the email I received said that the deadline to accept /decline was march 28th (not sure if this was the same for everyone, seeing that some people did receive acceptances later then I did based on the post). So I'm assuming they will be sending more acceptances as people respond. I'm sure you will hear back soon. Hang in there you got this! Hope this post helped a little.
I think everyone hears back by March 28th and then when people start accepting/denying offers closer to the deadline they accept people off of the waitlist, so hopefully everyone should be hearing back soon on their status