UCSD invite!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

labrynth79

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, i'm about to have massive hysteria, but I can't because I'm at the UVM library. UCSD just sent me an interview invite today! hee hee! i'm so excited. :clap:

okay, back to your regularly scheduled SDN message viewings. i just thought i'd share the good news. my mom's at the libary with me, so we're kinda happy. although UVM is absolutely gorgeous and my interview is tomorrow, i'm now too excited about UCSD to get nervous.

on a side note, UVM is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. it is the most beautiful campus and I really like burlington. Too bad competition is so high for it that I doubt they'll even accept me. oh, well.

bye bye :D

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! :)

Congrats, labrynth79!! :cool: :clap: And I'm sure UVM is gonna love you! :) Good luck with both interviews!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Best of luck at both UCSD and UVM. You're gonna love UCSD too.

Congrats. And no worries, if they are interviewing you at UVM, you gotta shot. It's funny. The day before my interview, I went to that same library and checked my email. I interviewed at UVM in November and got in....so hopefully you'll get good vibes too. I think it was the library. YEP, it was. Anyways......I liked Burlington. However, there was no snow on the ground when I went. If you get a chance, go check out Church Street in downtown. It's pretty nice. I think you gotta good shot at UVM. BTW.....what the dean of admissions and the med students at UVM told us at lunch was that the majority of out of staters (I'm assuming you are an out of stater) are put on the waitlist that is broken into 3 tiers. If you are in the top 1/3 of that list, you are almost defintely in. So in a sense, it really isn't a waitlist, because they put ALL out of staters, with the exception of a few, on that list. So DO NOT WORRY if you get waitlisted at UVM. That is how they do it there. You can ask them more about it when you are there. As for the interview (I figure I'll tell you this since I think Interviewfeedback might still be down), I was interviewed by 2 faculty at one time, for 1 hour. Some people were interviewed by 2 faculty, others by just 1. Some people also had the same interviewers that I had. Meaning, someone interviewed from 1-2pm with my faculty, and then I interviewed from 2-3pm. But then, some were only interviewed by 1 faculty. No students interview, and the interviews are at the end of the day.

Good Luck!
:)

Congratulations! I share in your hysteria. I was just as excited when I learned of my UCSD School of Medicine invite. Good luck and knock your interviewers dead when you visit La Jolla.

Yeah, congratulations on your interview invite.

UCSD interviews are really easy and laid back. No worries. Show up early so you can find parking (they get filled up awfully quick). Make sure you talk to a lot of students to get the vibe there. Their new curriculum kicks butt (less class hours). The housing at La Jolla rocks. How can you argue with beach-front housing?

Good luck on your interview. Oh, if you have a chance, talk to Dr. Resnik about any questions you may have. He is really nice and honest.

I got an interview invite too! What day will you be there?

good luck, you guys...

hope to be classmates with you guys next year in la jolla

ps -- "i love natalie portman," you aren't cambrian are you? i noticed the location is trinity :D

Lol, Matthew you are right. My name was Cambrian. But I changed to "I Love Natalie Portman" recently. In anticipation of Attack of the Clones, I have increased my love for Natalie Portman by a hundred fold. Everything in my life revolves around Natalie Portman (lol, that sounds so pathetic).

SarahL: My interview is on Monday, April 8th. I'm still in too much shock to believe it! :D

Okay, gotta run. will write more when the day has happened. thanks for all the advice everyone! I really appeciate it.