ucsd "on hold FOR interview"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snuffles04

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from ucsd saying i was "put on hold for possible interview" - does anyone know what this means??

Members don't see this ad.

snuffles04 said:
I just got an email from ucsd saying i was "put on hold for possible interview" - does anyone know what this means??

It means they don't know if they should interview you or not.

snuffles04: it's not a good thing. The name is misleading (it gives the impression that you are "in line" for an interview). People CAN be taken off the pre-interview hold list for an interview, but it isn't a guaranteed thing. For what it's worth, I've been on hold for an interview at UCSD since mid-September.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLAstudent said:
snuffles04: it's not a good thing. The name is misleading (it gives the impression that you are "in line" for an interview). People CAN be taken off the pre-interview hold list for an interview, but it isn't a guaranteed thing. For what it's worth, I've been on hold for an interview at UCSD since mid-September.
me too!

similar thing happened to me for GWU. at least it's not a rejection...

Me three, since early December.

Hey guys,

Don't lose faith. I was put on hold 11/08, and was just taken off 2/08 for interview. w00t ( :D ). Even though UCI is still giving me the cold shoulder, and well, UCLA threw me in the trash. But still, hold is not the kiss of death. Now the only glitch is getting in....tricky.

Good luck! :luck:

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

supersnuffles said:
Hey guys,

Don't lose faith. I was put on hold 11/08, and was just taken off 2/08 for interview. w00t ( :D ). Even though UCI is still giving me the cold shoulder, and well, UCLA threw me in the trash. But still, hold is not the kiss of death. Now the only glitch is getting in....tricky.

Good luck! :luck:

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

i have been in contact with ucsd and they said that the holds are being reviewed right now and they will decide whether to interview everyone in the next 2 weeks. ive been on hold for several months as well.

y

Hey everyone,

A little help from someone who went to UCSD undergrad: UCSD plays the 80/20 rule. They accept 20% of their class early and the last 80% as the March 15th axe falls. This, as we all know, is a little rough on applicants like us who desperately want to know where they will live next year.

I know a substantial number of UCSD students (as in around 40) and many of them interviewed in April.

Conclusion: being on hold to interview is neither good news nor the end of the road.

A little tip: I sent in an e-mail query at the end of January and recieved my MSTP interview invite within 24-hours.