07match

10+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
one of my interviewers at UW said not to expect a letter- that he/ they don't typically do it. I also have a friend who's an intern there now, and she assured me that it's not a big deal to not get a letter from them.

(i'm sure now the next 15 responses will be people describing hot love letters from UW) +pissed+

i've recieved letters/ emails from ~ 1/2 the places i interviewed at, but no love from UCSD

About the Ads

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
No word from UW. Seems like it's their style not to contact people.

I think that when you're trying to fill an intern class that huge (something like 75-80 including prelims) and interviewing that many people, sending love letters doesn't seem like a good use of time.

I didn't get one from them last year but did get the "we ranked you to match, fill out this anonymous survey to tell us why don't you love us" email from them a week after the match. Those things were weird...I had a few of them.

mcindoe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2004
USA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
No word from UW. Seems like it's their style not to contact people.

did you contact them? or are you expecting them to contact you without any solicitation?

i contacted a few places that i was ranking highly and told them i would be doing so, and i got word back from them after that. but i haven't been waiting around for some PD to contact me unexpectedly (nor do i plan to). remember, they have strict rules about what they're allowed to say and do when it comes to the match process and i think they'd be playing it very safe right now...the best way for them to stay out of any trouble is to not say anything at all, really.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.