Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

UCSD or UW

Discussion in 'Internal Medicine and IM Subspecialties' started by bipperbear, Feb 15, 2007.

1. bipperbear

bipperbear Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Anybody heard from either of these places?

2. 07match

2+ Year Member

one of my interviewers at UW said not to expect a letter- that he/ they don't typically do it. I also have a friend who's an intern there now, and she assured me that it's not a big deal to not get a letter from them.

(i'm sure now the next 15 responses will be people describing hot love letters from UW) +pissed+

i've recieved letters/ emails from ~ 1/2 the places i interviewed at, but no love from UCSD

3. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No word from UW. Seems like it's their style not to contact people.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gutonc

gutonc No Meat, No Treat
    Staff Member Administrator Physician PhD Faculty Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think that when you're trying to fill an intern class that huge (something like 75-80 including prelims) and interviewing that many people, sending love letters doesn't seem like a good use of time.

I didn't get one from them last year but did get the "we ranked you to match, fill out this anonymous survey to tell us why don't you love us" email from them a week after the match. Those things were weird...I had a few of them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mcindoe

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    did you contact them? or are you expecting them to contact you without any solicitation?

i contacted a few places that i was ranking highly and told them i would be doing so, and i got word back from them after that. but i haven't been waiting around for some PD to contact me unexpectedly (nor do i plan to). remember, they have strict rules about what they're allowed to say and do when it comes to the match process and i think they'd be playing it very safe right now...the best way for them to stay out of any trouble is to not say anything at all, really.