Quantcast

UCSD or UW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

07match

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
one of my interviewers at UW said not to expect a letter- that he/ they don't typically do it. I also have a friend who's an intern there now, and she assured me that it's not a big deal to not get a letter from them.

(i'm sure now the next 15 responses will be people describing hot love letters from UW) +pissed+

i've recieved letters/ emails from ~ 1/2 the places i interviewed at, but no love from UCSD

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
No word from UW. Seems like it's their style not to contact people.

gutonc

No Meat, No Treat
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

I think that when you're trying to fill an intern class that huge (something like 75-80 including prelims) and interviewing that many people, sending love letters doesn't seem like a good use of time.

I didn't get one from them last year but did get the "we ranked you to match, fill out this anonymous survey to tell us why don't you love us" email from them a week after the match. Those things were weird...I had a few of them.

mcindoe

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

did you contact them? or are you expecting them to contact you without any solicitation?

i contacted a few places that i was ranking highly and told them i would be doing so, and i got word back from them after that. but i haven't been waiting around for some PD to contact me unexpectedly (nor do i plan to). remember, they have strict rules about what they're allowed to say and do when it comes to the match process and i think they'd be playing it very safe right now...the best way for them to stay out of any trouble is to not say anything at all, really.