UCSD post-interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UC-Lover

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all SDNers;
I had an interview at UCSD on 03/07, but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I'm just wondering how long it took for other SDNers to hear from UCSD after their interviews. I know that some got into the acceptable pool less than 3 weeks after the interview. In my case, it has been almost 5 weeks. Is it a good or bad sign?
All I can do is to cross my finger now. If anyone has two free hands, please cross your fingers for me too. :wink:

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at UCSD last thursday, and they told me they were still planning on sending out a few acceptances, but that most people would probably be put into the acceptable pool from here on out. they also said they really don't mind if you call and ask about the status of your application--they'll even tell you over the phone if you've been accepted. The admissions committee meets next monday, 4/22, and they said you could call tuesday to see if your application was reviewed and if so what the outcome was...

I interviewed 2/11 and still haven't heard anything from them. I just called on the previous poster's advice and they told me my application hasn't reached committee yet. Since they say that everyone should hear from them within 6-8 weeks post-interview, it seems a little ridiculous to me that I haven't even gotten to committee. I wonder if that is just the line they give over the phone instead of telling you you were rejected... I hope not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewd in Feb as well.

As far as I know, no one who interviewed later than Feb have recieved acceptances. If you did get accepted please let us know, thanks in advance.

After Feb, most pple were either rejected or placed on the a-pool. A few people however, have not heard anything even though it has been weeks. I totally feel for you. :(

Here's a quote from Gower:
•••quote:•••Of those interviewed, about 50% are accepted, 40% placed on the wait-list, and about 2% rejected.
Approximately 250-280 students are accepted to fill an entering class of 122. Rejection notices are not sent until September.
••••I heard somewhere on 3/29 that UCSD accepted enough students to fill their entering class. I think and hope that they accepted 122 on 3/29 and will accept another 128-158 till the end of the cycle.

I think I trump you all. I interviewed on *January 10*, and every time I call, they say that I still haven't made it to committee yet. I must be a real outlier (and no, I'm not making this up). I'd be ecstatic if I were to get in, but at this stage of the game, I think I'd have better odds buying lottery tickets.