UCSD Prereq's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

instigata

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to know if one full year of Mathematics is REQUIRED for UCSD. I know it is required for UCLA, but I never heard this about UCSD. Also, if it is required, could we apply with say only 2 quarters (2/3 year) of math and just show that we will take another math course later?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

instigata said:
Also, if it is required, could we apply with say only 2 quarters (2/3 year) of math and just show that we will take another math course later?
Yes, most (all?) schools only care that you have your prereqs finished by the time you actually matriculate.

From UCSD SOM website: “...one year of mathematics (only calculus, statistics, computer science, or a combination of these three, will be considered towards completion of this requirement)… Applicants must have successfully completed the academic prerequisites prior to matriculation.”

Members don't see this ad :)
Call and ask.

For what it's worth, I'm at UCSD and I only took 2 quarters (10 quarter units) of math. I also had AP credit.

You don't need any prereqs complete when you apply, as long as they're done when you matriculate.

lord_jeebus said:
Call and ask.

For what it's worth, I'm at UCSD and I only took 2 quarters (10 quarter units) of math. I also had AP credit.

You don't need any prereqs complete when you apply, as long as they're done when you matriculate.

Yeah, I'm from UCSD too and I came in with 2 quarters worth of Math AP credits. I took stats at CC and now I want to take Math 11 at UCSD, hopefully they count it as another math course.

instigata said:
Yeah, I'm from UCSD too and I came in with 2 quarters worth of Math AP credits. I took stats at CC and now I want to take Math 11 at UCSD, hopefully they count it as another math course.

I mean I'm at UCSD Med.

lord_jeebus said:
I mean I'm at UCSD Med.

ahhhh... lol oops. Yeah I remember checking the MSAR and from the UC's only UCLA required a full year of math. They might have changed this year.