Sep 3, 2015
CA
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Anyone else applying to UCSD pharm class of 2020?

I am currently in the process of completing my supplementary application for Skaggs and am having trouble answering one of the questions: UC San Diego Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences strives to create pharmacists who will lead the profession in innovative and integrated health care environments. How have your past experiences and your career interests prepared you to become an innovator in the profession and to excel in integrated models of healthcare delivery?

Can someone shed some light and point me in the right direction, please? I have no idea what I can say :sorry:

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2015
pay attention to the two italicized words--they are being emphasized for a reason. talk about times you have found creative solutions for everyday problems (innovative) and worked collaboratively to solve a big problem (integrated). your answers do not necessarily need to be directly related to pharmacy practice. they want to see that you can think critically in tough situations, in hopes that those skills will translate to pharmacy practice eventually.

Reactions: twelve0two
OP
T
Sep 3, 2015
CA
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
pay attention to the two italicized words--they are being emphasized for a reason. talk about times you have found creative solutions for everyday problems (innovative) and worked collaboratively to solve a big problem (integrated). your answers do not necessarily need to be directly related to pharmacy practice. they want to see that you can think critically in tough situations, in hopes that those skills will translate to pharmacy practice eventually.
Thanks so much for your response!! Truly and greatly appreciate it! :heckyeah:

exiangwsu

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congrat, I thought they send early March. I guess they send it before UCSF

exiangwsu

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I have interview on 25th too........sad no news still.....no news still better than a rejection:)

doubletwenty

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Ah okay. Thought the email comes between 9am to 12pm based on previous years this whole time. Thanks!!!

doubletwenty

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Thankfully not yet haha. I'm still waiting anxiously as this is my #1 school. The wait is so agonizing. Been checking my email nonstop lol. :(

doubletwenty

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I feel the same way too..... I feel like I am not competitive as most of the applicants who interviewed at UCSD haha. :(

Mar 7, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I feel the same way too..... I feel like I am not competitive as most of the applicants who interviewed at UCSD haha. :(
Yeah I have a bad feeling that they are just picking up people who are going to be in waiting list or not. I hope I am wrong. Well accepting only 60 people and focusing on research I know that UCSD is going to be tough for me. But it is a good school though.

exiangwsu

2+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yeah I have a bad feeling that they are just picking up people who are going to be in waiting list or not. I hope I am wrong. Well accepting only 60 people and focusing on research I know that UCSD is going to be tough for me. But it is a good school though.
Do you know if they have sent out all acceptances? this is depressing........

doubletwenty

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Lol I'm just going to keep my hopes up until decisions come out. Hopefully there is still good news.....

Dec 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Do you know if they have sent out all acceptances? this is depressing........
I THINK they sent out acceptance letters to the 60 people that they plan to accept but as people reject the position, they'll let people off of their waitlist. Besides, they don't need to respond to UCSD until April 1st since they collaborated with UCSF with a common deadline so I assume when UCSF decisions come out, there will be more acceptances! Don't worry guys! Stay hopeful!

doubletwenty

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I THINK they sent out acceptance letters to the 60 people that they plan to accept but as people reject the position, they'll let people off of their waitlist. Besides, they don't need to respond to UCSD until April 1st since they collaborated with UCSF with a common deadline so I assume when UCSF decisions come out, there will be more acceptances! Don't worry guys! Stay hopeful!
I am trying very hard to keep my hopes up but the wait every single day is very agonizing haha. Thanks for your encouraging words though BirdPerson. :)

Jan 10, 2015
This is pretty much exactly what happened last year. They probably accept more than 60 in the first wave (there will always be a few who don't accept their offer, or who bail when they get the UCSF acceptance). But once the UCSF decisions came out, UCSD sent another wave of acceptances to their wait list.

There are also some students who turn down UCSF, making UCSF send out more acceptances, opening the possibility for a third wave of acceptances to UCSD's wait list. Basically, it ain't over 'till it's over.

I also have a few classmates who got accepted to UCSF but not UCSD, go figure. So if you applied to both schools but didn't get UCSD, there's still hope.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

geraldleegamboa

2+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
^ lol agreed. Not gonna lie, anxiety has been really getting to me recently but that helped me loosen up. Hope we all make it guys.

doubletwenty

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Based on previous years though, seems like they send notifications once a day per week. Just speculations though haha.

doubletwenty

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yeah so far nobody has posted an acceptance/rejection/waitlist yet. So, I am still continuously being anxious checking my email this week lol.

Oct 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
accepted today!! 9am.

Peeps hang in there. I totally thought I didn't do well on my interview, but here I am. So excited. Now comes the tough question, UCSF or UCSD.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
You already got accepted by UCSF? I thought nobody got the acceptance yet.

sf is not out yet. But a lot of people last year debated between the 2 schools. So i am looking into this big fat question early lol. my bad, the way i posted was unclear

Mar 10, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Sorry, if this might sound stupid, but how do we accept our offer? Just email Brookie back? I wanted to make sure since I've asked people who have been accepted to other schools, and they explicitly tell them how to respond. Thanks and congrats to everyone who has been accepted. Hope to see some of you in the fall. :)

Dec 8, 2015
Status
Pharmacy Student
Sorry, if this might sound stupid, but how do we accept our offer? Just email Brookie back? I wanted to make sure since I've asked people who have been accepted to other schools, and they explicitly tell them how to respond. Thanks and congrats to everyone who has been accepted. Hope to see some of you in the fall. :)
There is an e-mail address in the acceptance letter you respond to.