UCSD Skaggs School Of Pharmacy 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's no email address on mine which is why I'm really confused. It just told me they need a response by April 1st. And the email came from a donotreply email.
Second paragraph, second sentence. Right after the bold statement

Members don't see this ad.

Second paragraph, second sentence. Right after the bold statement

"In order to hold your position in the class, we will need a response from youas soon as possibleand no later than 4:00 pm PDT on April 1, 2016. The UC San Diego and UC San Francisco Schools of Pharmacy have agreed on a common date for response to offers of admission. All applicants offered admission to either or both schools will have until April 1st to respond."

Is this what yours looked like too? :confused:

"In order to hold your position in the class, we will need a response from youas soon as possibleand no later than 4:00 pm PDT on April 1, 2016. The UC San Diego and UC San Francisco Schools of Pharmacy have agreed on a common date for response to offers of admission. All applicants offered admission to either or both schools will have until April 1st to respond."

Is this what yours looked like too? :confused:
You're missing the one sentence. I'm PM it to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same issue. It comes from a do not reply email but when you reply it sends it to a different email. I wound up calling to accept anyways.

Ahh, maybe it's the batch they sent out on 2/25. I was gonna wait until I heard back from UCSF before calling them, but I'm pretty sure I have my heart set on SD now. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Found out today that they put me on the alternate. Anyone else hear back? Does anyone know if they reject anyone from the interviews or if they just put everyone on the alternate?

I got in the alternate list as well. Let's keep our hopes up. They did say in the email they will accept alternate lists after april 1st. So we are still in the game.
From previous years, people did get rejected as early as February.

I got put on the alternate list as well but I tried to do the math and let's say they accepted 120 for their class, expecting people to decline and hoping to get to ~60. Even if 60 people decline, they still have their spots filled up. Not saying there's not a chance so we should be optimistic and definitely better than a rejection. A buddy of mine there says about 5-10 were alternates in his class. Best of luck to you all, UCSD or not.

I was under the impression they sent out sixty acceptances and then pulled people off the wait list as space opened up. I think we have a better chance if that's the case. If they accepted 120, chances are pretty slim.

I thought so too since that's what the email says lol.

"After interviewing approximately 250 qualified candidates in the winter, we sent offers to applicants to fill the 60 positions. These applicants have until April 1 to respond to these offers. Once we have heard from these applicants, we fully expect to need to make additional offers from the alternate list."

As of now though, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

Yes we can only hope!! And the agonizing wait continues....

Have you been accepted to any other schools appletarts? So sad I did not get accepted anywhere yet lol.

Got wait listed at UCSD but accepted to UCSF o_O oh well still works out for me! Wanted to be able to make the decision though :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting accepted into UCSF is a huge accomplishment though. Congrats again for getting into UCSF!!!

Got wait listed at UCSD but accepted to UCSF o_O oh well still works out for me! Wanted to be able to make the decision though :/

got accepted to UCSD but waitlisted at UCSF
same here I wanted to be able to make the decision :/

rejected by ucsf! I guess my decision is easy.

i just heard a lot of bad things about ucsd. like unnecessary stressful curriculum, and lack of faculty mentorship. do you guys know anything?

Really? For our interview session, the dean told us that the faculty highly emphasized passionate teaching to the pharmacy students.
And from what I know, UCSD employs team-based learning (TBL) during your second year. If I got this correctly, students are quizzed on the beginning of class, just to make sure students do not fall behind on the material. I think if you start to perform badly, then they might have a one-on-one session with you, in order to help you improve. UCSD is probably one of the few schools that does this.
The small class makes it a friendly environment too and you cannot beat the nice weather. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
what i heard is the opposite. The professors do not care / understand the stress students going through, and keep pushing for more works. This is primary due to most professors are from research background, having no sense of what the real pharmacy field needs. Many of the courses are irrelevant to what will we do in the pharmacy, which makes rotations hard to adjust to and learning from rotations very important. By the way, people also mentioned about the lack of social life, because of the works you have to.

What else have you learn about UCSD? Please shine some light on this!

When I was talking to the pharmacy students, most of them seemed really happy to be there lol. They even told us not to study all the time here and have fun here. There are plenty of organizations that you can join or you can make your own organization which is the great thing about UCSD. If I remember correctly, at the end of the first year, they give you a list of research labs to all pharmacy students so that students can start searching for open positions to fulfill their research requirement.
What I also find appealing is the opportunity for pharmacy students is that they are given the opportunity to educate high school students what pharmacy is all about. Faculties participate in this event too. This event at UCSD, is called Pharmacy Day.

So really, the faculty members do care both for the students but also the community. At least, they did a good job convincing me xD.

I am having a hard time deciding which school as well. However, I just want to throw it out there. Ranking really does not represent the school because we don't know how they rank these schools whether it is scores, curriculum or teacher awards. What we need to know is that, which school is best for ourselves. Personally, I am from LA, and want to stay nearby since I want to practice around this area. USC is definitely my first choice in that sense, but in reality, I can't pay off the loans. What I want to say is that, we just need to make the most suitable decision out of all the choices.

I actually totally agree with you. I just think that UCSF and also UCS are more recognized and established in the job market since they are both so well known throughout the county. Graduates from there definitely have an easier time getting a top job and paying off their loans. I do agree that ranking doesn't mean everything, but with such a huge disparity, there has to be some notable differences between the schools, like more research opportunities, better faculty, funding, etc.

I actually totally agree with you. I just think that UCSF and also UCS are more recognized and established in the job market since they are both so well known throughout the county. Graduates from there definitely have an easier time getting a top job and paying off their loans. I do agree that ranking doesn't mean everything, but with such a huge disparity, there has to be some notable differences between the schools, like more research opportunities, better faculty, funding, etc.
According to my UCSD interview, UCSF has the most funding for research (NIH). USC does more economics research. I've heard from a lot of current USC students to not go to USC because of the cost disparity and that it's not what they expected. Of course, though, your school is what you make it.

have you guys look at housing options? on campus or off campus?

have you guys look at housing options? on campus or off campus?

I wait listed for on campus housing, but looking at the statistics, it doesn't look like I'll get one... unless they guarantee housing for incoming students?

They guarantee housing for incoming pharmacy students for 2 years of your stay. You should apply ASAP.

Nope. I check my email non-stop monday-friday LOL. The wait is killing me so much haha.

LOL i feel your pain....what is taking them so long? i wonder if anyone has gotten off...if so, let us know guys!

Glad to hear that nobody heard back xD. That probably means they haven't sent it any offers to the wait list yet.

did anyone hear from the school?! we still haven't heard of anyone getting off the waitlist!! this is killing me

Hoping the situation isn't where the people who may have gotten added from the wait list are students who aren't on these forums so we have a chance. Fingers crossed my :D

^ I'm actually thinking that might have happened too.
Another thing is that what if 70+ students accepted their offer and UCSD didn't predict that? Think I'm just being overly anxious haha.

Think I'm just going to comment every week or until someone says that they got accepted from the waitlist lol.
But so far nothing yet.

Yeah lol. I think the only way to verify is to check with someone on the fb list to see if there are new additions? I saw on ucsf thread that someone on the 3rd spot is added. From what I saw from a few classes back. 1-2 people on the forums got in during first or second week of May, so after that I'm going to feel like it's a done deal.

Yeah so I'm staying hopeful for these next few weeks haha. Are you still going to wait after May?