UCSD Skaggs School Of Pharmacy 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah, even if it's late in the summer, UCSD is my #1 choice. Just don't know how difficult it's going to be finding a place to live, seeing as some people who already accepted are on the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Same same. Praying that all of us will get out of the waiting list.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were accepted, did you guys get new emails from ucsd? The latest emails I received are about grad housing and financial aid in late march. Just wanna double check I'm not missing anything!

Rxgoal, maybe you can check with the facebook group regarding the ucsd emails.

And I just wanted to say that I have not heard anything regarding waitlist status yet haha.

Hahahah me neither. I'm guessing those that were accepted from the alternate list aren't on here and it must have been a few people.

^ Lol it really makes me wonder how much people are rejected and placed on the waiting list.....

^ Lol it really makes me wonder how much people are rejected and placed on the waiting list.....
I think they do reject a reasonable amount of people. I was rejected without waitlist

Yea, I think the best way to know the number is through the class facebook page.

Last edited:
Well who knows. I guess anything can happen to the waitlist between now and september 19. Guess have to wish for a little luck to hear back from them haha. I'm sure the decision between ucsf and ucsd will still continue throughout the summer since some people might be waitlisted at both ucsd and ucsf.
It's an interesting game lol.

Yeah the wait is killer. :\

Have you guys been accepted to any other school and or waitlisted? I spent last week trying to find places to live at the one I was accepted to and I didn't realize how fast time is going to fly + finding a place to live + trying to budget everything. If USCSD doesn't notify any of us this month, it's going to be crazy to be notified last minute and trying to find a place to live, w/ the worst case scenario of a room full of people you don't know. :D

Well, I guess I am thankful I have not been accepted anywhere yet in a way so I don't have to worry about looking for places yet haha.
But at the same time, I might have to reapply again. Waitlisted at three more schools btw.

Yeah, even if it's late in the summer, UCSD is my #1 choice. Just don't know how difficult it's going to be finding a place to live, seeing as some people who already accepted are on the waitlist.
UCSD alumni here.

The apartments in the La Jolla area are quite nice, but gentrified. A decent sized 2 bedroom 2 bath runs roughly 2200 a month give or take a few hundred for each location. Commute to campus is super doable by bus if that's your thing, and biking to campus is a popular choice as well. In terms of difficulty finding a place, you might be hard pressed to find a vacancy in popular living areas like Costa Verde as fall approaches and spots are swept up by UCSD undergrads.

Reactions: 1 user
^ So I'm guessing it might be hard to find a place in September then?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's nice to know that this thread is slightly not dead yet haha. Hopefully we'll hear some news soon. :)

Just curious, but did you guys complete your bachelor's degree yet? I guess it kind of makes sense that they won't accept people from the alternate list who did not earn their bachelor's degree yet lol. Just a speculation though.

I have my bachelors (c/o 2015) but I sent my transcripts to pharmcas pretty early so it wasn't verified yet. I don't think it matters though as long as you complete it before their deadline. I think that they may have accepted a couple people who aren't on sdn...

Oh okay I am just wondering since I don't think I'm going to finish my bachelors after June haha.

Another week, another update, and another struggle. Nothing from them yet.

Gonna probably update every Friday lol. Yeah, I have my bachelor's degree, I think UCSD requires it...

"Prior to matriculation into the UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, all accepted applicants must have completed the requirements for the bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.)."

I'm assuming you'll be done by the time they start, if you are somehow accepted from the waitlist. :D Yeah pretty sure people were accepted that aren't on the forums, still waiting on a response. I think some people from UOP's waitlist were added from the top. I'm in the process of figuring out loansand looking for apartments at WesternU. Trying to reserve a room for an apartment that won't be available until the first week of orientation in order to remove me from the chances of having a lease that lasts a year, in the case that UCSD opens a spot for me in June/July. Best of luck to you guys on whatever happens, fingers crossed

Haha that's a smart move.
Yup, you have it right. I won't be finished with my last quarter until the second week of June. At this point, my energy is drained from waiting and losing hope too. But still keeping fingers crossed too haha. :)

I have a question. If you take out loans for western, will you be able to transfer them if you get off the wait list at ucsd?

I have a question. If you take out loans for western, will you be able to transfer them if you get off the wait list at ucsd?
I don't know the answer for sure but my reasoning is that loans may be approved or whatever but are not actually disbursed until midway through orientation (or whatever date the school disburses financial aid) so I'm assuming they have an expected date that tuition will be covered by. From what I understand, you'll have X amount of time to be fully refunded/cancel your loans or what not from that date, usually 1-3 weeks from the start of school if I'm using undergrad as an example, and then you can't. Then if you are accepted late to whatever school, in this case ucsd, I am assuming you can switch the schools you have loans for or maybe redo the loans process and hopefully the school works with you on a special case basis where you were enrolled late but they would probably rush you to get approved for your loans to not only cover for tuition but a bunch of other things you need for fees, cost of living, etc.

I've been told someone got accepted from the waitlist today. Good luck to the rest of waitlisters on this forum.

Lol I wish haha. A friend who got accepted to UCSD told me two people got accepted last week. So, keep your hopes up haha.