UCSD!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by half_full, Dec 4, 2001.

1. half_full

half_full Junior Member

I got in!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Congrats!!! what were your stats by the way? :D

4. half_full

half_full Junior Member

3.6/33R

I didn't expect this...

5. I can't think of a name

I can't think of a name Senior Member

When and how did you find out?

Congrats!

6. pillbug

pillbug Senior Member

Congrats!

When did you interview by the way?

7. half_full

half_full Junior Member

I just found out today. They called me at home!! I interviewed early in november and they said it would be 3-4 weeks on the turnaround. They were correct.

Yes, I did do my undergraduate at UCSD.

8. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member

anybody else hear anything?

Are they calling people in the order that they interviewed???

9. Darwin

Nothing here...interviewed end of October

10. Darwin

Does anyone know, perhaps from past experience, or if you've heard, whether this calling for acceptance procedure is a one day thing (For those who have already interviewed) or if they extend it for a couple of weeks? I suppose it doesn't seem too plausible that Dr. Resnick can call 80-100 people in a single day...damn I'm getting neurotic about this acceptance...Bear with me. Take care...and for those of us waiting and for those who have posted in the past about the "waiting"...you're ABSOLUTELY right, and I haven't felt it till now. This waiting game is by far the most gut wrenching part of the whole experience.

11. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member

I called them today, it was around 11:15 am, and Yvonne told me that they haven't accepted anyone yet.

Therefore, there's no way that Dr. Resnik called even 50 people (I doubt even 30) between the hours of 11:00 - 5:00.

So I am pretty sure that they are going to continue calling the rest of this week. She said to call them if you didnt' hear anything.

Goodluck... and everyone please post any news so the rest of us know what is going on.

Thanks

12. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member

I was at my UCSF interview today, but when I got back home around 8 pm, there was a message on my answering machine from Dr. Resnik saying that the wanted me to call them back at the SOM office.

I assume that means they have good news. I also interviewed in early November. I will let you know for sure tomorrow after I return their phone call.

Just a reminder. They told us that they accept a very few at the beginning and then gradually begin to accept more and more as the 'season' progresses. It is very difficult to wait, but if you do not here now, it does not mean you will not get in later. Keep the faith!!

13. EpiII

EpiII Senior Member

I forgot to mention, the message was left on my machine a little after 4 pm.