UCSF alternate list movement 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dandoon2013

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get in recently from the list, I'm starting to loose hope.

Members don't see this ad.

i was in the class, and declined my position after being accepted to ucla...so i know for sure someone got my spot...so keep your hopes up, there may be a chance still

i was in the class, and declined my position after being accepted to ucla...so i know for sure someone got my spot...so keep your hopes up, there may be a chance still

Does anyone have any idea what is going on at UCSF? According to bruin432, there should be at least one spot open after May 6, and I have been #1 on the waitlist since the end of April. But I still did not hear anything from the school at all as of today!:eek:
I think James is on vacation, but there should be someone else who will take care of the waitlist in the mean time right??
Should I call the office and ask?? I am getting sooooooo worried!:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps they're overbooked. More people'd have to leave before you're in.

this waiting game is not fun at all, I want to think that since UCLA did not post anything on aadsas UCSF is not aware of double deposits from it. ncdentaldream, do you have any backup plan? I have declined all of my east coast offers and I'm starting to reapply in case.

this waiting game is not fun at all, I want to think that since UCLA did not post anything on aadsas UCSF is not aware of double deposits from it. ncdentaldream, do you have any backup plan? I have declined all of my east coast offers and I'm starting to reapply in case.

That is actually what I am thinking too, since bruin432's acceptance was after May 1st. But it has been over a month, bruin432, have you notified UCSF yet??
I am only waiting for UCSF. I thought I was quite safe last month, but not any more. I am getting really worried. I am still struggling to decide whether I should start preparing to reapply or not because I already planned something for my summer. :idea:
I really appreciate if bruin432 can tell me about the status, that makes a big difference.

That is actually what I am thinking too, since bruin432's acceptance was after May 1st. But it has been over a month, bruin432, have you notified UCSF yet??
I am only waiting for UCSF. I thought I was quite safe last month, but not any more. I am getting really worried. I am still struggling to decide whether I should start preparing to reapply or not because I already planned something for my summer. :idea:
I really appreciate if bruin432 can tell me about the status, that makes a big difference.

I think bruin432 has already notified UCSF about her other acceptance. I know for a fact that James is on vacation, because I went to look for him at UCSF a couple of weeks ago. Right now, I think that they are waiting for other people to get their paper work in by the appropriate deadlines so that they may start accepting ppl off the waiting list. This way, they can start figuring out who is still entering the class of 2013 as final admits rather than provisional admits. There may also be applicants who didn't meet the requirements to become final admits, though highly unlikely, its not impossible. I would say if you need to call UCSF, talk to Bob and maybe he can give you a better answer, but until then you can only wait and hear back from them.

Thanks, playa2652, for your information. Do you think they will wait for other people's paper work before they start calling, even though there is already a spot/spots open?
This is weird, I talked to Daliah about my trip which would start next week. I got an e-mail from her this morning, she said that I would receive an e-mail as soon as there is an opening for me. (that means no opening yet???)

Hey there, this is just my guess, but the reason why you might not have heard anything yet is because according to the "2009 UCSF Dental Admissions Statistics," UCSF offered admission to 114 applicants as of April.

Again, this is only my guess, but since UCSF's class size is 88 (last i heard), maybe they are waiting until the 114 to go below or closer to the 88 before they start calling people off the waitlist. This might be why you still havent heard anything from ucsf after the bruin person declined his/her spot.

Good luck with everything.

If I understand it correctly, the 114 offers includes people that already declined their offers. That means 114-88=26 declined as of April 8th. Correct me if I am wrong.
I started as #9 on the list at the beginning, then #5 on Feb., #3 on March, and #1 on April. So the list was moving for the first few months. If the school did over admitted, there should be any movement at all.

If I understand it correctly, the 114 offers includes people that already declined their offers. That means 114-88=26 declined as of April 8th. Correct me if I am wrong.
I started as #9 on the list at the beginning, then #5 on Feb., #3 on March, and #1 on April. So the list was moving for the first few months. If the school did over admitted, there should be any movement at all.

Actually that statement is wrong...UCSF used to admit only 80 students in prior years and this year they admitted more students because they renovated the pre-clinical simulation lab and added more seats. There should be 114 students that are D1s in the fall. You might just have to wait for any new updates.

I remember that during my interview, James stated that there were only 88 spots.
Anyhow, maybe you are right. I just talked to Daliah again.
She said that there were zero movement since late April, so I guess bruin432 didn't withdraw her acceptance yet?
That means more waiting.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Highly doubt the 2013 class will be 114 students. The new lab won't house that many people. There are only 90 stations being built, so the class will most likely be 88 students again. UCSF over-accepted this year with 114.

i believe it is 114 because there are 26 international students accepted each year. 88+26= 114. correct me if im wrong

24 each year, but they enter as a third year, not a first year. I don't think that's it.

My bad guys...I was misinformed, lol.

Guys, I am really confused. Bruin432 stated that she already withdrew from UCSF early May. But Daliah told me yesterday that, there was NO MOVEMENT at all ever since the middle of April.
So what happened? Could there be an error in between? I am not sure whether I should talk to Daliah and see if she can look into that matter. I do not want to keep bugging her, but this is driving me crazy.

Guys, I am really confused. Bruin432 stated that she already withdrew from UCSF early May. But Daliah told me yesterday that, there was NO MOVEMENT at all ever since the middle of April.
So what happened? Could there be an error in between? I am not sure whether I should talk to Daliah and see if she can look into that matter. I do not want to keep bugging her, but this is driving me crazy.

The moment 114 becomes 87, there'll be waitlist movement to make it 88. comprende?

The moment 114 becomes 87, there'll be waitlist movement to make it 88. comprende?

lol sorry but that is not correct, 114 is the number of offers made during 2009 cycle. However, not everyone who was offered a position paid the deposit and reserved a seat. According to Miss Williams almost all the 88 people who have currently paid their deposit, have withdrawn their other offers and are committed to attend UCSF. That's hard to believe b,c they have only taken 7 or 8 people from the alternate list so far this year and all of it is from before May 1st deadline. somethin smells fishy.

This thread reeks of pure desperation. Trying to piece together pieces of a non-existent puzzle.

desperate is one who doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread and still takes time to write nonsense in it.

desperate is one who doesn't have anything to do with the topic of this thread and still takes time to write nonsense in it.

That makes no sense what-so-ever. You're on the verge of jumping off a bridge, aren't you?