Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UCSF application question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jeffsleepy, Dec 3, 2005.

1. jeffsleepy

jeffsleepy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

So it turns out UCSF doesn't download the descriptions of your activities from AMCAS and wants you to submit a two page description of them along with your secondaries. Anyone know why they do this? The admissions person said that many people just copy and paste what they wrote as experience descriptions but if that's what they wanted, why didn't they just download it? On the other hand, if I talk in depth about a few experiences, I won't have the space to explain the work I did for the other ones. Any insight? Or what did you do?

Thanks

2. kirexhana

kirexhana Make Me A Sandwich.
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    huh? when did this happen? I didnt' see this when I turned my secondary in...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I didn't fill out anything, i left it blank but then again when I submitted my secondary I didn't know that they didn't download the descriptions.

4. wowzer

wowzer daaaaaamn homie
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i am in complete disbelief. all i saw (and i knwo becuase i read it many times) was that they allowed up to 2 pages of any addiontla activities or clarification (optional). NOWHERE on the app does it say that they do not have your AMCAS descriptions

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. EastCstBound

EastCstBound Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    LOL! Yeah I'm with all the people currently freakin' out b/c I read and re-read the application and saw nothing about adding EC's anywhere.. I'm going to go with wowzer on this one and assume they meant additional activities and that they must have the AMCAS list of EC's. Then again maybe I screwed up.. oh well

6. doublepeak

doublepeak Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Don't freak out about this. I just had an interview there and for that I just sent an update on stuff that had changed from my AMCAS application - a paragraph long. Many fellow interviewers said they didn't send anything.

7. coco

coco Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah I didnt mention that I got an interview as well. I think it was intended for additional information and stuff that has changed. If they really wanted to read the descriptions, they'd download them instead of asking us to copy and paste them.

8. chandelantern

chandelantern MSI at Mayo in August!
    5+ Year Member

When i submitted my secondary I didn't know anything about them not using the entire amcas app, so I just submitted a page of updates since turning in my primary. However, I have since heard that they do not download the descriptions, just the titles of the amcas activities, rumor because it's cheaper than getting it all. I have no idea how that would work...whatever. I did interview there though, in Oct, so it didn't affect me too much. The interviews are blind as well, so they don't have any of your activities and you can tell them anything you want about yourself!

9. jeffsleepy

jeffsleepy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

:laugh: Wow it seems I freaked everyone out. First of all, it's not required to get an interview. When I called them, they said that most people don't send anything and they're not too stressed out about it. I was just wondering because I spent a lot of time on those descriptions and I don't see why they wouldn't even bother to dl them.